Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

mrmanatee posted:

Joe Jack still plays local shows though, and does a drat good job of it too. Expect good things maybe!

Yeah, he's awesome live.

Apparently this is the kickoff show for a tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

7 Seconds is clearly the angriest band

On a serious note, I just listened to the NMDS/Western Addiction split for the first time in a while and it loving rules.

Also is Amebix any good live? I just found out they're comin to Philly and even though I'm not crazy about them I might check it out

ahh gently caress Mikey Brosnan from the Claw died a week or so ago. Bummer.

Wizard Mannequin fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 26, 2008

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

I doubt anyone cares as much as me but I finally found a live RP video.
Haven't gotten to watch it yet cause I'm letting it buffer though.
http://www.pissinapod.com/#/penilive92/4531220368

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

I just got the new Cross Examination album and its insane. These guys are awesome.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Think the A7 reunion is worth 20 bucks +transit from and back to South Jersey?

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

My dad teaches at Villanova, and his boss is going to the Vatican in a few months. One of the priests there, a friend of his, is into early British punk. The guy asked my dad to get me to recommend some punk stuff to bring him.

I feel obligated to send a Crass record to the Vatican.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

baberaham lincoln posted:

send him a CD with Reality Asylum repeated over and over and over again.

That crossed my mind, but I don't wanna be a complete dick. The idea of a guy chillin in the vatican rocking out to punk amuses me too much for that.
Gonna try to throw in mostly stuff that he might actually like, but the temptation of sending Crass to the Vatican is too strong to resist

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Not an Anthem posted:

If you don't send real early british punk that talks about stealing from churches and beating up longhairs and sniffing glue I'm gonna be pissed.

Any examples?

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

I'm a loving idiot and slept through the Amebix show. I hate myself.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

I haven't heard much from Crude(Japan) but I just saw that they're coming to Philly and since Japanese punk usually rules I wanna check em out. Any recomendations?

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Your Weird Uncle posted:

things i've learned: bands with the word "homo" in the name are awesome (homostupids especially)

iskra loving rules everyone listen to iskra.

also crude is coming to philly? tell them to bring Judgement with them.

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=1008014

Crude, Unit 21, Stations

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Triangulum posted:

Also all the people talking about Leftover Crack made me pick up a couple of their albums last night. Thank you 'cause this poo poo owns. If you know more bands that sound like this besides Chocking Victim obviously, please let me know.

Morning Glory and INDK are both cool, better than LoC in my opinion.
Less Stza is an improvement.

Seconding No Cash as well.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Triangulum posted:

How so?

Their shows are just constantly full of irritating drunk 16 year old kids who think they're punk as gently caress.
Its not like any punk band is really without that kind of fan, but LoC and related bands just seem to bring it out in the worst way

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Just saw Leftover Crack and the Casualties at the Ottobar in Baltimore, Md. Show was pretty good but staff was a bunch of pricks. Friend was thrown out for stage diving halfway through; literally tossed out on the pavement. Who the gently caress does this anymore?

Staff at venues is usually pretty on edge at LoC shows, for understandable reasons.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Mike_V posted:

Shonen Knife are touring the US in October but not anywhere near me. Go see them if you are able to.

hell yeah, pretty sure they're coming to philly.

I haven't been to many shows lately unfortunately. Saw the Subhumans a couple weeks back, but that's about it. They put on a good show as always but it was the third time I saw them, so nothing special I guess.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Are there any good shows this weekend in Baltimore? Or a good site to look for them on?

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Gloom - Recommendation of Perdition 12" reissue out June 15th from Crust War. If you don't have this in your collection, just give up at life. The most destructive and intense record ever.

oh hell yes

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

I just found out today that Doom is playing Maryland Deathfest this year. I've been meaning to go the last two years, but it kept falling through at last minute.
I'm buying my tickets when I get my next paycheck, and requesting off tomorrow.
So souped.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

EvilRobot posted:

GISM - Detestation, Gauze - gently caress Heads, Lip Cream - Kill Ugly Pop, The Stalin - Stop Jap, Crow - Who Killed Dove?, Deathside - Wasted Dream.

PS: Bad Vultures are totally rad Oi! from Japan, as well as Cobra and Sledgehammer.

Nightmare - Give Notice of Nightmare is really sweet too.

A while ago a friend of mine brought over a 7" by a japanese band called Final that was awesome, but I'm having trouble finding anything about it.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Final was sort of a continuation of the band Final Blood Bath, who were total Discharge worship. Final only did that one 7" and broke up pretty quickly, but you can probably find download links to the two Final Blood Bath 7"s pretty easily via google. Both bands are great.

Cool, thanks.

People looking for Japanese hardcore stuff should also check out Gloom, Gloom rules.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

I found a copy of Crude-Attitude the other day at Beautiful World Syndicate(pretty good south philly record store). Its an awesome album, although the cover art is pretty goofy.

I also found immortality there a couple of months ago. Crude is a good band but I wish it wasn't so easy to find their stuff compared to all the better Japanese hardcore bands.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

https://padkarosda.bandcamp.com/ prob my favorite modern punk band. Also toerag, are you the same toerag from the soulseek days?

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

What is the furthest you’ve ever driven for one show? I did 4 hours one way to go see Coheed & Taking Back Sunday back in 2017, worth it but I bought the tickets on the condition that my brother and his wife would drive us.

Philly-LA to see butthole surfers. My friend was moving out there so the show wasn’t the only reason but it’s why I went

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Sakevi of GISM has apparently passed away. Rip to one of the most insane punk frontmen ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0T_ewlBVTU

Wizard Mannequin fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Sep 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

https://thedissidents.bandcamp.com/...sp-3SFL9SvVFqhM
Some friends of mine put together this sick benefit comp for Palestine. Very worth checking out. Includes a previously unreleased original mix of no doves fly here by the Mob.