Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrWhite
Nov 3, 2004
"War is god's way of teaching Americans Geography."
-Ambrose Bierce
Soooooooo I've been listening to a lot screamo/emo violence type hardcore lately, and I'm looking for some more bands that might be up my alley and still around and playing today preferably.

Anyone recommend me some bands like:

Ampere
Pg. 99
Orchid
Wolves
Swing Kids
Union of Uranus
Amanda Woodward
Welcome the Plague Year
The Red Scare
Palatka
Louise Cyphre
La Quiete
Circle Takes Square
Neil Perry
City of Caterpillar
Don Martin Three

(or alternatively, if you are looking for some good screamo and haven't heard this, I highly recommend the listed above)

Also, anyone recommend some good more traditional hardcore that's along the lines of American Nightmare/Give Up The Ghost or some punk along the lines of Against Me's earlier anarcho-punk releases?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrWhite
Nov 3, 2004
-Ambrose Bierce
I went and saw Who Calls So Loud at some guys house in Gainesville tonight. It was a great show, shame I think my friend and I were the only people there to see them.

They're badass guys though.

MrWhite
Nov 3, 2004
-Ambrose Bierce
Seconding Hour of the Wolf and Comadre as probably tops as far as shows. Ampere was loving awesome as well.

Stephen getting swarmed during Woodlawn and falling over the drummer was pretty intense.

The Atlantic on Saturday and Market Street on Sunday were pretty awesome.

Also, Leatherface.