Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Best Friend posted:

Set Your Goals is gonna start writing a new album in December, I'm pretty excited about that.

Pretty excited about the new Glassjaw, too. i guess.

I saw SYG with daggermouth and no trigger and both bands blew away SYG. It was so anticlimactic when they went on, lots of people left.

Im debating about seeing locust/despised icon at the skatepark. On the one hand, despised icon sucks, and on the other hand, the locust sucks too but this kind of act never comes to edmonton so I figure I might as well see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Slackerish posted:

Er, "if" I had a link to it, would it be illegal for me to post it since Definace Ohio puts all their music up for free anyway?

it'd be smart to PM a mod first and really, who can't find that stuff on 100000s of other sites anyways.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
So I just realized that the outro to the Raein song "Endlesstourlife" on the Phoenix Bodies split 7" is the basis of the song "New Day Scenario" which is on the Daitro split 10". Is there a release where these songs are back to back because it seems like one should flow into the other?

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

SatansFingers posted:

*Basically, folk fests (at least in Alberta) work like this: there is one main stage, and a bunch of smaller stages scattered around the festival grounds. On the smaller stages there are full sets by bands that didn't get onto the main stage, and sessions. A session is 2-4 bands/artists on the stage at one time, it's supposed to be kind of like a jam session, but how it usually ends up is 2-4 different sets all going on, with one band playing, then the next, so on and so forth.

Talking about the Etown folk fest? Its usually rad but these year was a letdown. Come on, City and Colour headline? :( Always lots of "gypsy" punks though.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
oh holy poo poo Taken is playing a reunion show in march at chain reaction. They need to stop fagging around in Mikoto and Circa Survive and do some new material.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

mrmanatee posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/12/arts/music/12musi.html?_r=3&ref=arts&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Arson Equity, I think your keys got mentioned in the New York Times.

heh thats loving awesome. I'm surprised the reporter stuck around after the show.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Lots of sweet collections in that thread but none of it has anything on the devo supercollection.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
New Sinaloa LP in the spring on Level-Plane. Hellllz yeah.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
belle epoque is the best french skramz. listen to the a la derive lp.

is amanda woodward still active or is dude just doing aussitot mort now?

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Capitan Dad posted:

Wheeeee, the conversation has swung back to emo.

So not only is Tigersuit probably one of the best songs ever written, I'm going to make my own tiger suit, as soon as I can find an orange hoodie.

e: I've become obsessed with that song over the last couple of days srsly.

Its not even the best song though! The A side of the record is way better. New Day Scenario on the Daitro split 10" is their best song.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Wow I thought the Envy pack would be over 100$. Solid loving pricing from TR.

I've been jamming Daniel Striped Tiger - Capital Cities like every day since the summer. Its such a good loving record if you slept on it you suck.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
If you like those bands you'll definitely like Sky Eats Airplane!!

early Bullet For My Valentine is great stuff as well.

Seriously though, listen to any of the envy records people have just been discussing and then decide if you need to off yourself or not (you do).

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Parachute Underwear posted:

Girls, Girls, Girls, I Am the Goddamn Devil and ...and the Body Will Die are the best Transistor Transistor songs

I put on their disco on the way to school today and remembered how loving stoked I am for their next record.

Oh no way dude their best poo poo is the Wolves split. Also the last song on the Light the Fuse and Run split is really awesome i think its called "the sex made sense at the time"

Totally stoked for new poo poo though, haven't heard anything about it in a while.

Anyone who likes Botch worship should check out The Assailant - Colera LP the vocals are pretty tortured its sweet.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Oh god its happening again. I just finished 3 months of therapy related to the last genre war in here, don't make me go back!!!

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
fuckity gently caress gently caress Street Smart Cyclist has a new track on myspace. Its seriously too good for words what a sweet band.
http://www.myspace.com/streetsmartcyclist

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Capitan Dad posted:

So Dangers and Gorlox are coming to Vancouver Jan 8th, Lummox you coming?

Naw brah I'm still finishing my degree at UofA :(. I start at UBC september '09 so thats when I'll be living out there full time!

e: I will be visiting friends in Vancouver again this summer though, so if there's any good shows on while I'm there I'll be checking those out.

THE LUMMOX fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 17, 2007

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Earth Sucks #1 pissed me off! It promised THE LAST HOT CROSS INTERVIEW but it was just a stereotypical tour press interview that billy gave before they broke up which revealed nothing new or interesting.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

p0isonxfree posted:

So excited about this shirt.

one of the ones printed on VLV or is that an original?

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

RunTo TheHills posted:

So now that i'm at home for winter break and i have my vinyls again, i feel that it's necessary to mourn 1905's passing. Goddamn, everytime i listen to Voice, I remember how incredible they were, and how much it kills me to know i missed them for an AP test the last time they played in California.

I really like how underproduced and quiet her voice is. When the dude is screaming it just sounds like shes cooing and its awesome.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Capsule is hella rad drunk awesomeness.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Corbet posted:

Has anyone heard of or listened to Defiance, Ohio?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance,_Ohio_(band)

I haven't heard any of their stuff yet but alot of people on other forums I visit have been clamoring about their latest release on vinyl.

meh, Plan-It-X bands dont usually capture my attention. Granola punk bores me I guess.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Capitan Dad posted:

That's what like 20 bucks each, and they're both 10" right. Yeah maybe if you were getting an extra couple of inches there, still not too bad though. Do you get slayed with shipping? I don't buy a lot of records I guess.

15 euros is more like 30 dollars. I want that record really bad but its hard to justify...especially when theres so much other things I want that are already stateside and a lot cheaper.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Canadian Rifle is fun. Weekend Nachos...not so much.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
museums sure are gay!

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Theres a Sinaloa/Daniel Striped Tiger split 7" coming out this spring. Hellll yes!

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

ChaosNonMusica posted:

It's futile dude. This thread hasn't had much of anything to do with hardcore in ages.

you are hard to please oh sky god. WEEKEND NACHOS isnt hardcore enough for you?

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
so apparently La Quiete is touring the US in the summer and releasing a split with Phoenix Bodies. loving sweet. I hope theres a northwest date that I can roadtrip to because I can't afford to make it to Dude Fest again this year.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Tragedy is good, beyond just the surface Botch worship.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
PIGS ARE HAREM!

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

rivals posted:

EDIT: It rules, as to be expected. Also picked up a bunch of Daniel Striped Tiger stuff, that band is ridiculously underrated.

Not by me! Capital Cities was my favorite album of 07 and I'm really stoked for the Sinaloa split 7".

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Parachute Underwear posted:

Yaphet Kotto - Syncopated Synthetic Laments for Love LP
Yaphet Kotto - The Killer was in the Government Blankets LP (green)

I'm really stoked. Ordering everything from SlaveUnion's distro.

You really should get YK - We Bury Our Dead Alive LP if you don't already have it. Its by faaaaar the best one.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Pantalones! posted:

yo i used to like you but you're so wrong i'm not sure i can anymore.

STFU you have no idea how much I regret selling you the gorlock/greyskull 12"....such a loving cool record and I didn't even sneak a listen before I sent it. :P

Also the guy that hates on screamo is going to poo poo a brick when he checks this thread and sees Saosin/The Bled....

THE LUMMOX fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 4, 2008

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
woop woop!

"For a while now we have been working in solitude on a new band, and now we are ready to go out into the world. Mark McCoy, Matt Wilga, Andrew Jackmauh, and Will Killingsworth are FAILURES. The sound? Born from a mutual love of classic 80's hardcore, but no rehash or retro bullshit. In the works for upcoming release is a 14 song release on Youth Attack and Clean Plate records, realistically out April/May. At some point there will be an MP3."

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
There's still no dates yet for LaQ/Phoenix Bodies but there's going to be a stop in Seattle. I am driving from Edmonton for this.

Ill be going through Calgary and then Vancouver so anyone who wants to hop on the fun train is invited.

THE LUMMOX fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Feb 12, 2008

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Is it the same vox as FD?

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Coneslammer posted:

What an intriguingly different kind of album, totally not what I was expecting from 1984, why don't we have that kind of innovation in punk today?

We do, but people would rather just worship a romanticized past that never really existed in the first place.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Capitan Dad posted:

Soooo Raein is playing a show in Italy on May 25 with Off Minor and Daitro and there seems to be some speculation about a Raein reunion tour. Anyone know anything more about it? This is goddamn sick.

Well it would prob. be a euro thing but still rad. I am more stoked that Louise Cyphre is playing CMAR, hopefully they'll release some new stuff.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Ray Harkins has a new band. Hoooooly poo poo its good.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
the dude fest line up looks great again this year. Not quite as good as last year but still solid. I won't be going this year because im going to spend my summer road trip budget to go to Seattle for La Quiete. Sux that its 1 stage this year though, half of the fun last year was the mad rush from the chapel to the basement and back again because one band would start as soon as the other ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
wow PoP are doing 4 reunion shows and ebullition is releasing a discog....did not see this coming.