Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaLkO
Mar 27, 2005

graaaahhh me maties

mrmanatee posted:

So you know what band is really amazing that I just got into?

Fall of Efrafa.

Really epic doom/crust/post rock, all based on Watership Down. Beautiful, beautiful songs. They apparently just came out with new stuff that I haven't heard yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Check this band out.

EDIT: also, beautiful artwork.

Sooooo so so so good. Ignore the Tragedy comparisons or whatever, this band beats the poo poo out of all of those bands they're often likened to. Long, epic songs. So amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaLkO
Mar 27, 2005

graaaahhh me maties

Wizard Mannequin posted:

For GISM fans I highly recommend trying to get ahold of Subj and Egos Chopped, because its awesome and crazy.

Definitely. Best 50 or so minutes you'll ever spend in your life.

DaLkO
Mar 27, 2005

graaaahhh me maties

RunTo TheHills posted:

Sup dudes, list me some good Folk Punk bands.
I already listen to TBIAPB, Defiance Ohio, Young Pioneers, Ghost Mice, maybe a few others i can't remember right now.

Mischief Brew for sure. Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains...drat, I'd be interested in some more, too.

DaLkO
Mar 27, 2005

graaaahhh me maties

Arson Equity posted:

Whoa, I totally expected something different then I noticed Olympia. No offense, I hate that stuff, and that town sounds like it generates pretty much nothing but that.

No!! We have nice hardcore and crust scenes, I swear it!

DaLkO
Mar 27, 2005

graaaahhh me maties
Me and 7 other friends just won spots on the guest list for Municipal Waste and Suicidal Tendencies next week. So loving stoked! Especially considering tickets were like $25 if we didn't win...

DaLkO
Mar 27, 2005

graaaahhh me maties

ChaosNonMusica posted:

New GAUZE album is the best hardcore record to have come out within (at least) the past 5 years, easily. Better than your favorite band, better than my favorite band. Completely lives up to all expectations.

HOLY poo poo! New Gauze album!? Kao O Aratte Denaoshite Koi was really great, so I gotta hear this. I'm surprised they're still able to rule so hard.

Lusy posted:

Is anyone else as stoked as I am about Zegota touring again?

I would be if they were coming to the Northwest. :mad:

DaLkO
Mar 27, 2005

graaaahhh me maties
http://www.myspace.com/mohoramatta

Everyone check out Mohoram Atta...heavy crust-ladden hardcore. They have a few more West Coast tour dates going on right now. The recordings really don't do them justice. They're really amazing.

DaLkO
Mar 27, 2005

graaaahhh me maties
So Restrained (members of 7 Generations) and The Separation (members of Set it Straight) are fuckin awesome! Both bring on the crusty hardcore goodness. So loving heavy!

RunTo TheHills posted:

While we're all in a hardcore mood here, can we talk about how amazing Catharsis was? I listen to Passion probably every other day.

So loving good. Definitely in my top 10. But Requiem was better...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaLkO
Mar 27, 2005

graaaahhh me maties
Oh gently caress, seeing Limp Wrist for the first time tomorrow.