Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!
Has anyone heard of Baader Brains? They have members of Please Inform The Captain This is a Hijack and are sort of similar, they still use sound clips and film clips during their show. And their name has something to do with this. It's all a bit :psyduck: They're more straight-up hardcore than Please Inform the Captain, who I really like, I always thought they were underrated. anyways they just put out an LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

RunTo TheHills posted:

EDIT: Also, anyone going to the TBIAPB/Defiance, Ohio Shows on the 5th-8th? I'll be at all 3.
Ah, thanks for the heads up, I didn't know they were coming back to CA. I'll try to make it to the San Diego show.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

A5H posted:

And then didn't dangers sing about it and get beat up? (Neo neo nazis?)
Does anyone know more about this?

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

lifeloveregret posted:

Rogue State

Frantic, chaotic prog hardcore. Listen if you're into Kidcrash, At the Drive-in, Glass and Ashes.
I forgot how I found these guys, but I was pretty impressed with them. Do you know if they're going to put out more stuff anytime soon? they don't seem to have a lot of stuff.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!
Saw Who Calls So Loud tonight, pretty good, although I wish the lead singer hadn't had his back turned to the crowd the whole time, I would have liked to see his face more WINK WINK.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!
More pop punk goodness recommendations: The Broadways, and Latterman.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

ddonahue99 posted:

Yeah, the bay area is ridiculous right now. Some upcoming shows:
June 8 - Ampere, Baader Brains, Punch
June 12 - Young Widows, Russian Circles, Daughters
August 1 - Portraits of Past, others TBA in SF
August 2 - Portraits of Past, La Quiete, Phoenix Bodies, Comadre in Berkeley

Much rock is on the horizon.
drat, why couldn't this stuff happen during the school year when I'm up there :( I'm guessing Ampere will be playing other dates on the west coast?

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

Hydrac7 posted:

Screamo dudes, when is the Phoenix Bodies/La Quiete split supposed to come out? I just barely found out about it now.

And what's the deal with Louise Cyphre these days? Are they still "taking a break?" I haven't paid attention to this poo poo in forever.
Phoenix Bodies' myspace has tour dates.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

Triangulum posted:

The Queers are headlining the Asian Man Records Tour! I'm going to see them at the Casbah on monday, I can't freaking wait!
So how easy would it be for a 20 year old (who looks about 16) to get into the Casbah? :sigh:

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!
Check out some of the European emo bands like La Quiete, Raein, Louise Cyphre, etc. They fall more into the hardcore side of things, but aren't quite as chaotic as Orchid or Pg. 99, so I think it should fit OK.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

Triangulum posted:

Bomb the Music Industry is playing at the Che Cafe @ UCSD with Skamikaze, Laura Stevenson and the Cans, and Grimm Luck next wednesday (15th). If I get out of my tattoo appointment soon enough and feel ok I'm gonna go.
I will be there! Even if no one will come with me :(

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

JERFit posted:

did you have like a leather looking jacket and blonde/reddish ponytail/beard type deal?

I was the short mexican with the hosed up lazy mohawk (it doesn't even look like it when its not up so it might've not even been noticeable) wearing a black zip-up over a bright yellow "shook ones" shirt.

I was standing next to the obnoxious fat dude who paddy told to stfu. also near the japanese dude with the really long hair.
I think I saw you.

I'm short enough that I didn't manage to catch a glimpse of paddy's balls, and I'm not sure how to feel about this :ohdear:

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

JERFit posted:

oh hey there were a few of us there, maybe we should've met up cause I was flying solo since I don't know many people in the city, and the ones I do know weren't down to go.

also of note, I had Xs on my hand, I felt like I was the only one in the entire place who wasn't over 21, :(

there's a few shows coming up that I really want to go to, but dunno if I will simply because I don't like going alone, and nobody in the SF thread ever wants to go to punk shows, boo
Yeah, most of the people I know aren't really into punk. The next show I'm looking forward to is The Lawrence Arms. I'm in the east bay, so I don't get out to SF that often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

gerfatty posted:

Dude, where in the East Bay? I'm in Berkeley going to school. I have a car for some unknown reason, so if ya need a ride to a show, I'm usually willing.

Speaking of shows, just got back from Nothington's record release party with Dead To Me. Good show, good buds, good poo poo.

If you're talking about the show at Gilman, I'll definitely be there.
I go to school in Berkeley too, Cal I presume? And I'd totally see the show at Gilman next week but I have plans that weekend :(