Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slut Muffin
Apr 30, 2006

Hydrac7 posted:

Speaking of Paul Baribeau and Ghost Mice, I love their split. I think more bands need to release splits where they cover each other's songs because it's just real fun.

Whoa, whoa, Paul Baribeau and Ghost Mice have a split? Why am I not aware of this? Or are you thinking of the Andrew Jackson Jihad/Ghost Mice split?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slut Muffin
Apr 30, 2006

p0isonxfree posted:

According to Wikipedia they have a split together. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Mice#Splits

Neat, I'll have to check that out. I listen to far too much Paul Baribeau for my own good. "Grand Ledge" has been glued into my CD player.

Speaking of Andrew Jackson Jihad, I've been listening to them a lot lately. I really like the new album, "People Who Can Eat People Are The Luckiest People In The World". I like them better than Against Me!, although comparing them might be a stretch, definitely recent AM! anyway.

I've recently have been getting into Fall of Efrafa too, they're incredibly good.

Slut Muffin
Apr 30, 2006

Competition posted:

I love this thread, I saw everyone talking about this Baribeau guy and now I can't get enough.

I swear, he's an addiction.

Slut Muffin
Apr 30, 2006

RunTo TheHills posted:

Sup dudes, list me some good Folk Punk bands.
I already listen to TBIAPB, Defiance Ohio, Young Pioneers, Ghost Mice, maybe a few others i can't remember right now.

Seconding Mischief Brew / Erik Petersen. Andrew Jackson Jihad, Rosa, and my band Shoestring Budget is pretty folx punx: http://myspace.com/shoebudget

Slut Muffin
Apr 30, 2006
Has everyone heard about Thorns of Life yet? Blake Schwarzenbach from Jawbreaker, Aaron Cometbus from Pinhead Gunpowder and Crimpshrine, Daniela Sea from the L Word? I saw them in Philly recently. The band was amazing, except the show was too short and the crowd was too star-struck. I really hope they go far and I get to see them again.