Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barnacle Snatcher
Aug 19, 2006

All things began in order so shall they end, so shall they begin again according to the Ordainer of Order and the mystical mathematicks of the City of Heaven.
Haven't listened to the new Darkthrone album yet, I wish they would go back to the Soulside Journey days :(.

As far as good black metal goes, I'm going to pimp Grand Alchemist and Bishop of Hexen. Check both bands out if you like symphonic black metal at all. Oh, the latter band is from Israel.

As far as album of the year goes, eah, I can't get enough Sworn. The Beauty of my Funeral is the best song on the album, fo sho'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnacle Snatcher
Aug 19, 2006

All things began in order so shall they end, so shall they begin again according to the Ordainer of Order and the mystical mathematicks of the City of Heaven.

Bobulot posted:

I put on Sons of Northern Darkness while I was shoveling the foot deep snow off of my driveway, and it took long enough for me to listen to the entire thing. We have 3 days straight of snow coming on the 14th so I'm probably going to get through At the Heart of Winter, Blizzard Beasts and Battles in the North. Now that's how you listen to Immortal.

The two most memorable times I have listening to Immortal are when I was a cart-pusher at the local grocery store uring the winter, that was epic as gently caress. Then, sunbathing on the beach later in the year, for like 3 hours, it was probably the best thing about that vacation, pure zen. At The Heart of Winter is the best soundtrack to zoning out in the hot sun, but that's neither here, nor there.

Yep, someone came home a bronzed god from Mt. Olympus!