Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

brightfield posted:

Wrath of the Weak, Xasthur, Wolves in the Throne Room. Burzum. (ha, ha)

Yep, those are the names of some BM bands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Pretty much every large record store I've been to had a few Bathory albums behind a "Bathory" tab.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
The last time that happened he gave himself a Hitler cut. I am kind of curious to see what he does now.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Do 14 year olds work? Wouldn't this guy just record after school like any teenager?

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Morbid Florist posted:

I've been on the longest black metal kick of my life the last few months, but I definitely need to switch gears every few months but I don't leave the realm of metal for anything but Blues. Death and stoner/doom are my other addictions in metal.

I've never really understood this, even though I know people who are the same way. Seriously, nothing but metal or blues? You don't listen to anything else?

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Morbid Florist posted:

Nope. I spent the first 15 years of my life trying out everything people said was great, and I hated music pretty much until a friend gave me Use Your Illusion 2. It was the first time music grabbed me as something FOR me. I HATE techno, electronica, indie, you name it I've probably tried it and turned it down. I want guitars and aggression in my music. Blues may not SOUND aggressive but it was the metal of its day.

Very little music these days has balls.

That's weird, I was like that until about 17 or 18 and then I started branching out (within metal and with other genres). I'm probably not going to change your mind but I just think it's strange that you don't (or can't) listen to other stuff, even if it as agressive as metal. You like stoner though, do you listen to pyschedelic stuff, or drone?

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

There was a time when if you were a metalhead and you listened to anything BUT metal, you would get mercilessly teased. I mean, you could listen to the classic rock precursors to metal but that was about it. In 1988, if you had long hair and a denim jacket with a back patch of the Kill 'em All album cover on it (which I had), you absolutely could not admit to also liking, say, Depeche Mode.

Hah hah this was called being 14 years old.

Morbid Florist posted:

I think I just NEED that aggression, guitars being played so hard it could classify as instrument rape.

I'm not knocking it, it just strikes me as strange. After a certain point in my life I realised that I didn't listen to other genres even if they had exactly what I liked about metal and I eventually found a bunch of other new things I really liked.

Fair enough though, it's not like you're listening to the same 4-5 bands like a lot of "metal only" people.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
That sounds like bullshit, you can do whatever you want with grindcore.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
$20 an album is about 14-15€ which is what new albums go for in the metal shops here in Dublin (look harder, every European city has at least one tiny shop peddling BM that will also have lots of used stuff). If you were buying online from the States or from labels you should be paying quite a bit less though.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
The last time I was in the states I bought a bunch of cds for less than the bands were charging at shows in Europe.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Kaiho posted:

But I'd say that if it's the bassist handing over the CD, they see most of that money themselves.

This is usually cheaper here than getting something from a store.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Woth (http://www.myspace.com/wothesperus) did the sewer thing first, just sayin

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
They're only really notable for the time and place they were active and the influence they had on later bands. It's worth listening to but honestly everything they've done has been bettered by countless other bands.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
He says he's doing ambient music in that interview.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Up to $192 already on Amazon, good to see the BM hoard n' fleece mob are still doing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Morbid Florist posted:

http://www.myspace.com/amesoeurs

Your second point stands but a fair amount of burzum sucks for the same reasons.

amesoeurs and that whole french thing has ton of cred though