Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Yeah - I'm going to have to buy a tape player dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Just got my grubby hands on Urkaos I. Just stellar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAwJgPY4AmM

I'm also weirdly attracted to the Satanhartalt releases on Legion Blotan. It really reminds me of the more experimental/ambient LLN stuff like the Black Legions Projects Compilation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMtLuc1hPag

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Vassafor's Obsidian Codex is loving amazing. Parasitic Records has the 2xLP
available here. This may be a (very) late contender for top 5 of the year.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Morbid Florist posted:

Marduk posted the dates for their tour with Inquisition
I haven't seen Marduk since Legion was still with them, but they put on a heck of a show. I am interested in seeing Inquisition live.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

drat. There was going to be a Heresiarch/Nyogthaeblisz/Hellvetron tour (with a stop in ATL confirmed), but it got cancelled as it appears that Heresiarch broke up or something.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

QPZIL posted:

And if you like Wolves in the Throne Room, it's worth checking out the band that basically ripped their sound off of, Weakling.

(They rule, though the vocals are a bit odd)

What the gently caress are you talking about? Weakling's album came out 4 years before WiiTR put out their first demo. Weakling is significantly better as well.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

nomapple posted:

I actually prefer ...Bjoergvin... to Nattesid, but each to their own I guess. Also I am currently enjoying Ofermod's new release, Thaumiel.
I think Nattesid... is the stronger album overall, but Part V on Over Bjoergvin... has some of the best riffs they've written.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Anyone else looking forward to the new Cultes des Ghoules? I've got a feeling it's going to be one of the top releases of 2013. Now if HH would just repress the Spectres... EP.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

nomapple posted:

What else is there to look forward to in 2013?
Well, now I have the new Summoning to look forward to.

I'm also hoping that PdH finally releases Das Tor as well as the other LP versions that have been on the Kunsthall site as "future releases" forever.

New Darkspace would be killer...

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

They are the Lord of the Rings band, eh? I could have sworn they had a whole slew of albums.

edit:

code:
Upon the Viking Stallion	Demo	1993	  
Anno Mortiri Domini	Demo	1994	2 (56%)
Promo Tape	Demo	1994	  
The Urilia Text	Split	1994	  
Lugburz	Full-length	1995	7 (68%)
Minas Morgul	Demo	1995	  
Minas Morgul	Full-length	1995	7 (81%)
Dol Guldur	Full-length	1997	10 (81%)
Nightshade Forests	EP	1997	4 (96%)
Stronghold	Full-length	1999	8 (85%)
Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame	Full-length	2001	13 (83%)
Lost Tales	EP	2003	6 (79%)
Oath Bound	Full-length	2006	12 (82%)
Sounds of Middle-Earth	Boxed set	2007	1 (97%)

They do and they're all awesome. Lugburz is more trad-bm then the rest of their albums, but still quite good.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

New PdH is finally available.
http://en.prophecy.de/paysage-d-hiver-das-tor.html

€11 for a tape plus shipping. I'm likely going to wait for the eventual A5 treatment.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

nomapple posted:

*groan*

Cassette only releases annoy me. When you say A5 release do you mean a CD in an A5 booklet thing? Really looking forward to hearing this.
Yeah. Kuntshall is slowly re-releasing all PdH albums as A5 digibooks. You can get them in the US through Mercenary Musik.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Morbid Florist posted:

I wish you could get a credit towards the record/shirt package if you already bought the mp3 album. It's loving awesome but I don't know if I need to drop $40 total on it.
Shoot him an email - he seems like a cool bloke (no idea if he has anything to do with LP/shirt package pricing).

New Darkthrone track up:
https://soundcloud.com/peaceville/darkthrone-leave-no-cross

e: gently caress yeah!

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

You should support NWN.

New Cultes des Ghoules track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAiwQgWJXAw

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

m-o-o-n posted:

That Cultes des Ghoules track is nowhere nearly as good as their best releases, namely Haxan and Spectres over Transylvania, so listen to those too.
I thought that as well, but after listening to it 10 or so times it's really started to grow on me. I think this album is going to be a real surprise.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

nomapple posted:

I need something to listen to that isn't Seven Chalices!
Get Woven Black Arteries!

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 24, 2013

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

m-o-o-n posted:

This is the best bootleg

I can't even comprehend how this could have happened. It's like someone from Saudi Arabia read the tracklist over the phone to someone in Japan who typed out what he heard phonetically.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Yeah, Emperor gets poo poo on a lot, but most of their stuff is great. The transition from Alsvartr to Ye Entrancemperium still gives me goosebumps. Hell, I even really like IX Equilibrium. Regarding symph-bm, if you haven't given Limbonic Art a shot, you should at least check out Moon in the Scorpio and In Abhorrence Dementia. Those are far more on the symphonic side of things, but are really good albums. Nokturnal Mortum's Goat Horns will always be my favorite symph-bm album though.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Early reports indicate that Henbane is, indeed, awesome. Can't wait until US distros get it in.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

I'm the guy who doesn't like WitTR. :cheers:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Zodijackylite posted:

:cheers: I don't like any of that sort of black metal either,
Awesome. Let's listen to Inquisition and headbang.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

This may interest some of you:
http://www.drakkar666.com/drakkar/description.php?lang=2&path=2&letter=0&sort=A-Z&page=0&id=6105
http://www.drakkar666.com/drakkar/description.php?lang=2&path=2&letter=0&sort=A-Z&page=0&id=6104
http://www.drakkar666.com/drakkar/description.php?lang=2&path=2&letter=0&sort=A-Z&page=0&id=6103

CDs in stock at HHR, vinyl "soon".

Supposedly official re-releases, not boots.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

nomapple posted:

I thought the new Paysage d'Hiver already got released on cassette? Is this a CD release or another new release already?

No, the tape won't be released until the 22nd.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Morbid Florist posted:

Has anyone heard the entire Cult Of Fire album from last year? I've heard this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFit9A7HFY0

but I can't find the rest to listen to and an album needs to be pretty loving incredible for me to shell out $20...

Yeah, it's really good. Where are getting it from? I think Contagion Releasing has some LPs and CSs in stock, but their site is currently down for maintenance.
e: Their Soundcloud page has another track from the album as well:
https://soundcloud.com/cultoffire

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Morbid Florist posted:

The only place that I've found with it in stock is the label
http://demonhood.bigcartel.com/

I'm sure the band is too small to have any other real distribution. It'd be nice to not have to import it though.
I'm checking right now to see if Contagion still has any in stock.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Measly Twerp posted:

Oh my loving god, I just punched the air. September is too long, it had better be worth it.

If it's anything like their last 4 albums, it won't be.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

nomapple posted:

Someone in one of the metal threads posted about the new Sacriphyx album streaming in full on the NWN bandcamp, I can't find the original post, so I'm going to post it again in the BM thread because it scratches the itch for old school Rotting Christ worship really loving well.

If the person who originally posted the link to it sees this, thank you.

Listen, the second track is particularly good

You're welcome.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Teitanblood, Muknal, Embrace of Thorns, Necros Christos, Vasaeleth. More atmospheric but Vassafor is amazing. You would probably like Antediluvian as well.

e: Cruciamentum has GM members, so yeah.

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 18, 2013

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Morbid Florist posted:

The only place that I've found with it in stock is the label
http://demonhood.bigcartel.com/

I'm sure the band is too small to have any other real distribution. It'd be nice to not have to import it though.

edit: well this place has it slightly cheaper http://distro.todestrieb.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&products_id=5138
Still an assrape but what the hell, it's not like retirement is part of my future.

Contagion Releasing got back in touch with me. They have MCs and are waiting on LP copies of it. If you haven't already ordered it, you should check them out in a couple of days when the site is back up. Shipping will probably be much, much less.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Morbid Florist posted:

Mine showed up last night. This is really good. This album was way too hard to find for how good it is. My only beef is that the drums sound beyond fake, and it came with no liner, no track listing, zero. For $20 I at least thought I had the song names coming to me in print. :mad:
That's a bummer. Glad you got it though.

Morbid Florist posted:

edit: anyone see marduk/inquisition yet? I'm going tomorrow night and the number of bands is troublesome. I think inquisition is going to get 10 minutes, moonspell is going to yammer on for an hour and marduk...I have no idea what they're going to do.

I'm worried about the same thing. I'll be seeing them in about a month. I'm sure Inquisition will get 30 to 45 minutes and Marduk will get at least an hour, but why couldn't they have left Moonspell in Portugal?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Another year, another loving Burzum album. Sôl austan, Mâni vestan to be released in May. I hope the lyrics touch on tabletop RPGs. That would be neat.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Weaponized Cum posted:

Yeah let's not listen to cool music because they hate someone based on their race. gently caress God though, right? Isn't that a double standard? Just listen to the music, the message can either grab you or not. Listening to Arghoslent and Nokturnal Mortum haven't made me a Nazi or anything similar.

I'm not arguing with you here, but how is it a double standard being OK with listening to blasphemous music (if you aren't religious, or even anti-religious) but not OK with listening to racist music? Atheism/LHP/Laveyan or orthodox Satanism =/= racism in my opinion. I could see you stating there is a double standard w/r/t anti-humanist sentiment in bm vs. racism, but that's not what you said.

You also realize that you aren't listening to the music in a vacuum. You are supporting the bands and, by giving them money, any political or racial groups they may be affiliated with as well.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Jesus loving christ. Consider me "told".

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Potential BFF posted:

Every single one of these is fantastic, though it is kind of a bummer that half of Schlüssel is gusty wind noises.

Have you listened to PdH before?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

I'll let you know in 12 days.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

QPZIL posted:

Man, those are some uninspired band names.

Well, Satan's been around since 1979.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

nomapple posted:

Oh man, I should've listened to some older Ihsahn sooner! Any stuff I might've missed yet from this year? So far the only stuff I'm particularly aware of is:
Paysage D'Hiver
Cultes Des Ghoules
Sacriphyx
Rotting Christ.

If I've missed anything of note, please let me know.

Rhinocervs RH-15 if you're into them.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Dog Jones posted:

Sometimes I have a tough time understanding the melody when its just a ton of tremelo picking (I don't mind super low quaulity recordings though, for some reason). I usually find that the down tempo parts of black metal songs have cooler guitar interplay, too.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

You'd probably really like Cultes des Ghoules.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Cobweb Heart posted:

I once sneezed up a bunch of blood while listening to Wormphlegm. I was so surprised I flailed my hand around and ended up flicking blood all over me, adding to the stream flowing out of my nose.

This seems completely appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

satan is my oppa posted:

Old Mornings Dawn is so beautiful I could cry. A heartbreaking work of unspeakable genius and no one of taste would ever disagree!

It's less... immediately catchy? than Oath Bound, but the whole thing is so loving dense it'll be eons before I've worn it through. It's weirder, too. One of the songs is... some kind of weird celtic saxophone thunderstorm bullshit. I don't know. They've progressed. It's awesome and worth the wait.

Wait...what? Saxophone?