Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post

Detective Thompson posted:

This came out back in April, so it might have been posted then and since, but I just finished listening to it for the first time and really like it a lot.
https://theflenser.bandcamp.com/album/the-unraveling

Wow, this thing loving rips. Can't believe I missed it last year. Thanks for the share!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

I'm looking for newer DSBM band recommendations. Never delved too deep into the genre beyond Silencer and Burzum.

I tried listening to Ghost Bath and just could not get into it, but I just jammed Damp Chill of Life by NONE which was fantastic and I'm looking for more synthy, dark, sad black metal.

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Holy crow thanks for all the recommendations. Working my way through them now. Xasthur is kind of exactly what I was looking for: great atmosphere, total bleakness, interesting song composition. Additionally Paysage d'Hiver hits the spot as well. The lyrics aren't the most important thing for me more the general vibe. Schattengang was oppressively wintery and very good.

And doubling up recommendations for Darkspace and Oranssi Pazuzu. Very different, but both spacey and transcendental in their own way. And if you dig Oranssi Pazuzu check out Waste of Space Orchestra. drat good sludgy psychedelic black metal.

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Did anyone else order Mizmor's Cairn through the Gilead Media website? If so, have you already gotten your copy shipped? They said it would be sent mid-September and I haven't gotten my preorder yet.

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

deadking posted:

Did you order the CD or the LP? I think Gilead's running a bit behind schedule at the pressing plant for vinyl.

I ordered the LP. Didn't know if they were having issues or if they hosed my order up. Will reach out to them in October; giving them the full month of September to ship it at least.

They have kind of screwed me over on a shipment before... but I couldn't not get that Cairn LP. Thanks for the feedback.

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Update on the Cairn vinyl issue:

GILEAD MEDIA posted:

UPDATE 10/3/19:
JACKETS WERE FINISHED AT THE PRINTER ON 9/30 AND SHIPPED TO THE PLANT. THEY ARE EN ROUTE. WE WILL SHIP ORDERS AS SOON AS THE FULLY ASSEMBLED LPS ARE HERE, GOING TO BE AT LEAST 2-3 WEEKS.

I emailed them to ask about the record and got a link to the Label News section of their website. Definitely feel like a jackass now.

The new VUKARI is pretty solid. Atmospheric, death metal-tinged black metal.

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

New ZIFIR record is out. Raw black metal with a healthy dose of atmosphere from Turkey.

https://duplicaterecords.bandcamp.com/album/demoniac-ethics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

New Oranssi Pazuzu record out next month. Preview track loving rips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhXjwg8zOmk.