Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rain Temple
Apr 29, 2008

ECIFIRCAS KIMSOK

Pandora.com posted:

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

Aww :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rain Temple
Apr 29, 2008

ECIFIRCAS KIMSOK

modernlifeisadam posted:

No, I like 1349, but they're pretty archetypal, and if you listen solely to bands like them, and Marduk, etc I can see how one would think the genre is "dead and stale"

I totally disagree. I can see how anyone would think that about a lot of the other original bands. But I honestly found Hellfire pretty refreshing and new. I'm no expert or anything, I just though the pace of it was really original. Then again, I got into bm through the sort of pseudo religious third wave stuff so maybe that's why I think that way :/

Edit for something more positive:
I've been listening to Nihil Nocturne a lot lately. Anyone recommend anything similar? I really like the sort of feathery drumming and... um... grooviness? (can't think of a better word to describe it) of it.

Rain Temple fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 2, 2008

Rain Temple
Apr 29, 2008

ECIFIRCAS KIMSOK

Fistful of Lotion posted:

Now I've got a question, do you guys switch genres a lot? Sometimes I find myself getting horribly jaded over black metal and I have to listen to other things for a while. What are your listening habits, if this is an appropriate place to ask.

I used to get that with death metal, back when I listened to a lot of it. I never really get bored of black metal though because it covers so many things. Like if I get bored of the sort of heachache inducing heavy stuff, then I switch to something calmer, then if that gets too depressing there's always the more groovy stuff etc. and on and on until you get back to the beginning again :) Not that I don't listen to other things though.
If I had more time/money I'd definiately get back into dance music, specifically trance - that was my first love. But yeah, I could totally survive on black metal and nothing else if it really came to it.

Rain Temple
Apr 29, 2008

ECIFIRCAS KIMSOK

Morbid Florist posted:

Nope. I spent the first 15 years of my life trying out everything people said was great, and I hated music pretty much until a friend gave me Use Your Illusion 2. It was the first time music grabbed me as something FOR me. I HATE techno, electronica, indie, you name it I've probably tried it and turned it down. I want guitars and aggression in my music. Blues may not SOUND aggressive but it was the metal of its day.

Very little music these days has balls.

I can empathise with this. I've always felt like there was far more music I hate than music I like.

I always felt really envious of people who can say "ooh, I like a bit of everything, you know", but then again I'd much rather be ecstatically passionate about a few things than content with everything so I can't complain :)

Disiplin's self titled album was my black metal revelation, for the record.

Rain Temple
Apr 29, 2008

ECIFIRCAS KIMSOK

Ickyzor posted:

So it's very likely that I will be interviewing Watain when they come through town tomorrow, and I'm pretty drat excited. I already have a few pages of questions prepared, but I'm curious if anyone has anything in particular they would like me to ask them.

Ask them if they need any album art done for free by a young inexperienced artist, possibly based in the UK. HAHAHAHA! Haha... *sigh* :|

Rain Temple
Apr 29, 2008

ECIFIRCAS KIMSOK

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I honestly don't know if it's just me that sees this.

Rain Temple
Apr 29, 2008

ECIFIRCAS KIMSOK

Rain Temple posted:

I honestly don't know if it's just me that sees this.

Kaiho posted:

i don't know who that is but there is a bit of a resemblance.

It's "Comedy Dave" from the BBC Radio 1 Breakfast Show. He looks so much like Satyr it's all I can think of when I see either one.

Rain Temple
Apr 29, 2008

ECIFIRCAS KIMSOK
Thought I'd pop in to say I got IXXI's Elect Darkness this week and I'm loving it. It's a bit more aggressive than their older stuff and I'd say the tracks are more consistantly good as well.

Also got the new Ash Pool single Saturn's Slave in the post today - on a nice little blue 7". The second track has this awesome, out-of tune "boinging" effect on the guitars (whatever that's called) which I'm liking. I recommend anything by Ash Pool though, if you haven't checked them out before.

Also, I reeeeally want to know: has anyone heard Hiems' Worship or Die? I like Cold Void Journey a lot and the one track from Worship or Die on their myspace sounds fantastic, but I have a sneaking suspision they've done a "Disiplin" and gone all mainstream/pop-y :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rain Temple
Apr 29, 2008

ECIFIRCAS KIMSOK

Mordekai posted:

Ok, sorry. Female lead vocals do not belong in a good black metal band. If you can prove me wrong kudos to you.

Haha, this is the most ridiculously out-dated, sexist thing I've heard in ages.

Anyone can sit there and say: well, prove me wrong and I'll believe you. But no-one even needs to give you a list of good black metal bands with female lead vocals to be prove you wrong (surprise, surprise there aren't exactly that many. Tymah/Tuman is only one I can think of and they aren't very exceptional) because even if there isn't a single good bm band with female vocals, there is potential for one to exist. That's the point.

In other words, if I really wanted to (and if I had the talent) I could join a black metal band tomorrow and start doing vocals for them. If the band produced good, high quality black metal and just happened to have me as a vocalist instead of a guy, who the gently caress is there to say that it's not black metal?

edit: if you're trolling, Mordekai, just ignore this. I kind of hope you are because you're only poster in phiz who has compatible taste with me and it would suck if you were a biggot.