Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra Fancy Semen
Jul 20, 2009

by mons all madden

HMorg posted:

My bet is shrooms and/or acid.

I think it would have just been booze and speed.
Unholy, also from Finland, were well into the Mushrooms, but also heroin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Fancy Semen
Jul 20, 2009

by mons all madden
i can excuse varg, he has done much in his last years to explain himself and come across as a person who has chosen radical poo poo in the past to get by for however long and then climbed out and made peace to be at a sane place...

Extra Fancy Semen
Jul 20, 2009

by mons all madden
Official Burzum - Belus release is still a way off....

Im getting a real Absurd vibe from a lot of the tracks I have so far heard, and a real variation in vocal styles....

Im going to wait til I have official material in my hand before any judgment...

Yeah...Unless you guys can vouch this stuff is valid....

Extra Fancy Semen fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 25, 2010

Extra Fancy Semen
Jul 20, 2009

by mons all madden

Pleasure to chill posted:

Yeah Turbonegro have been poo poo since their comeback, and they keep getting worse. Although the new Darkthrone has some punk-ish elements, I think calling it punk is a far stretch.

BAH! Party Animals was brilliant!!!

New Burzum...I like it, there is no hate but...Its just good , I guess.
I like old stuff so its in that mold...But there is nothing new and its only vaguely Varg.
Still up in the air on this one...

New Darkthrone is really loving enjoyable...Its NOT any hard BM , Its metal, OLD metal and its loving enjoyable..unsure what to say...I dont hate it, Its not BM from a traditionaly (or mostly) BM band and who cares! GREAT ALBUM!

Also, Im unsure this is the place but!

I hope you have all heard Samain. A Perth, Western Australian band.

If there was ever a "true" band doing that old/celtic BM stuff , it is THIS band...maybe not in some faggy claok and renaisance fair way, but they really lived poo poo mentally the right way)

http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=4347&PHPSESSID=6f08c0e4a2de06dba7354383a819505a

Im going to post Filez, because I know the band and I am allowed to. Drummer (Liam Stone, amazing) left to do some jazz stuff..and they folded a few years after (he came back for the Indomitus album tho as far as i know...)
Samain - An Leanabh Naomh (briste) (demo 1994)
(url edited out)

Their demo kills. Quality control on this dubbedX100 cassette is still good IMO (just turn down the bass some). Drunk On Holy Blood is a loving amazing song, 2:17 in is like emotional hell. Oh, and for fun guess where fight samples in the intro come from...

They have an album out there somewhere called "Indomitus"(1995-6?), and a final demo called "Return to the Natural"(cant remember when they did this one...) tho that final demo is...probably impossible to get online...
(edit 2: poo poo...some is here! http://www.myspace.com/samainoz ) gently caress!!!Listen to Exile and oh....gently caress!!...I miss this poo poo so much.....

If you can find anyhting by Daybreak online...they used to sorta have a Myspace page...that is also well worth it. (edit:here! cool!!! http://www.myspace.com/doomdaybreak ) <--This stuff kicks rear end!!!main Samain guy and some others doing....stuff...In the Woods inspired BM/Rock?

Also, and NO links cos they are selling poo poo still, is dISEMBOWELMENT, from AU as well, more DOOM than BM but still a great thing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disembowelment_%28band%29
Find them and check them out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Extra Fancy Semen
Jul 20, 2009

by mons all madden

Oldstench posted:

Understatement of the thread?

Yeah, very much so. I dont think anyone presumes that band to be BM.

And its a pity the bands I posted were assumed to be not linkable for D/load.

corpsed posted:

Mystic Forest (myspace) -- Romantic Black Metal -- is by far my favorite Black Metal band. Does anyone know of any similar sounding artists? I already have Lifelover, Alcet, and Amoseurs, all of which are not nearly as enjoyable for me as Mystic Forest, but I'm told they are somewhat similar. I digress.

Its funny that there is an issue with some doom that has elements of BM being too far out, but loving shite being A-OK and blackmetal enough....Romantic BM, Alcest, Lifelover, Amoseurs...god drat...and i know for a fact Dimu Borgir and poo poo gets a pass in here.

Hayaino Daisuki is harder and blacker that the above, and god knows what genre that poo poo is....(algaion - Vox Clamentis vs??? Exodus almost, more than I can say for most BM)

Extra Fancy Semen fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 19, 2010