Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Groke posted:

One thing I think we can say about the new Immortal album is that it sure is an Immortal album.

That's for sure. Album's pretty much what I expected with Abbath's recent "I" side-project and SoND. The opening riffs on Norden on Fire are classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

I've been listening to Mayhem's Chimera album recently. I forgot how much this album kicks rear end and Mayhem's recent material kicks rear end.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

corpserot posted:

Ordo Ad Chao is awesome as well, real bummer that Blasphemer is gone.

Yeah I'm hoping we'll get some new news on the band this summer on whether a new album is in the works or not.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

lordblytzkrieg posted:

Actually, I was thinking the new Gorgoroth has a "Reinkaos" feel to it. Mid Tempo music with catchy riffs and absolutely boring drums. I know it's because of that drummer, he's just so boring. Let's hope that he never gets a paying gig from one of the big great bands again.

I like the drumming a lot on the album. Very straight-forward, no bullshit, makes it sound religious.

The Gorgoroth album is very good.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Necrobutcher aka Necrobutcher decided on the act I heard.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

aliencowboy posted:

They sound too much like clowns for me to get into.

yeah I've never been able to get into these weird experimental black metal bands with unorthodox instruments.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Listened to a couple songs on the myspace Plasma. Sounds good man. How long have you been playing drums?

Funeral Mist fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 22, 2009

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

I'm going to see Marduk w/ Nachtmystium on thursday. Anyone seen this tour yet?

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Nemhain posted:

I also had the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me at a show go down there. During Marduk's set, I made it up to the front, found a large empty spot, and started banging my head, 'cause, well, I've got four feet of red curls to swing around, and why not? I look up, and the bass player points at me and yells, "gently caress Yeah!", and right at that moment, an enormous sweaty hambeast clocked me upside the head with a hardbound copy of Rush Limbaugh's "The Way Things Ought to Be".

Haha, sounds intense.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/def...m?bandID=560400

song #2 mixdown 993801

mine and my friends new project, a little rough, we've only jammed twice but i think its decent.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

We're working on another song, I put some vocals on this one to, it's called "Die Tonight."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/def...m?bandID=560400

Yeah stairway to hippo. To be honest I don't really know the songs to well (not that they're hard to learn) so I'm just guessing at parts and playing generic fills. Hopefully the more we work together and if we find some people to play live with it'll sound a lot less bland and my drumming will be more up to par. I like the poo poo you posted. Good riffs(great tone to) and some really nice vocals.

Funeral Mist fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 3, 2009

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

The new Darkthrone is entitled "Circle The Wagons" and is going to be released April 6th. I'm pretty anxious to hear it. Makes two of black metal's classic bands releasing album within a month of each other!

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Hey guys we play black metal but we like Radiohead.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

I saw Watain and Goatwhore last night in Tempe, AZ and it was loving sick man. Anyone who can make it out and see Watain play Satan's Hunger should. Goatwhore was great to.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Haha. I was in the front row at the Tempe show and all I know is one of the guitarists with a bunch of nails on his boots/shins came up and put his foot on the monitor so that if I got any closer I would have had some nails in my eyes. I had a bunch of black poo poo up my nose after the show to, which I assume was from the smoke they let out. I heard someone did kicked in the face though, which is pretty loving lame if you do that poo poo. I was drunk as gently caress though even though 16oz millers were 4 dollars a piece.

The album Lawless Darkness is great as well. I've listened to it several times since the show and their are some really good moments and songs. The vocals are stellar.

There was a good number of people their, which 2 months ago there wasn't anyone at the same venue for Marduk. However Marduk had just been their a year prior.

Why their aren't more musicians willing to play black metal in the area is what's troubling to me. I've been working on the drums for a while and can't manage to find anyone in the area who's looking to put a black metal band together.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Anathema Mameshiba posted:

Ahaha people are complaining about $4 for a pint? You should try drinking at a London venue sometime. (hint: don't ever do that)

If it was any more I wouldn't even drink. gently caress wasting all your money on stupid drinks.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Satyricon wine? That's cool as gently caress.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

IRQ posted:

Am I alone in really liking Quantos blah blah Satanblah?

I liked it a lot actually. I totally know that "Rebirth" was hilariously lame thematically, but I still like to listen to it. One time I playing some track off it while I was sitting at a stoplight and had someone ask what I was listening to, it can't be complete poo poo right?

I thought Quantos was a sick album. Not as good as Ad Majorem Gloriam Sathanas but it was still a kick rear end metal album.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

The new Burzum is alright, at first I was like, hey this is cool! but then after repeated listens it gets pretty boring. I only listened to Belus several times as well then quit listening to it.

Craft is my band right now, Craft loving rules, supposedly they were supposed to have a new album out last year but maybe it will come out this year, either way, gently caress the universe.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

What's everyone's favorite Gaahl era Gorgoroth album?

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

QPZIL posted:

Easy, Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam simply because "Carving a Giant" is my favorite Gorgoroth song.

Yeah I've been playing that song on drums quite a bit. Frost came up with some cool poo poo for it.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Procreating Satan is like the most brutal metal song ever.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

I'd say Exit or Wound Upon Wound is my favorite song off of Ad Majorem. Sign of an Open Eye is great though, Gorgoroth always does the best slower tracks.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

My Gorgoroth Carving A Giant Drum Cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrTWrnk1xo0

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Can't wait to hear that.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

smile.jpg posted:

So, anyone heard the new Marduk track? Not only is it endless destruction from start to finish, it is Panzer Division worship; it is like having an old friend come over for a surprise visit but then he burns your house down and the two of you get extremely drunk and the next day you wake up and you don't regret a thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKeELVK-9Pc

gently caress yes.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

What's everyone's opinion on the last Sargeist record, "Let the Devil In"? One of the best black metal albums of recent times for me.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Been listening to Goatmoon a lot recently...they have a new album out this year that's really loving good called Varjot. They're from Finland and have some definite finnish folk influences in their music. Check out Finnish Steel Storm and Varjot for a taste of them!

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

I saw Mayhem last night and it was pretty cool. They moved the show to a different venue here in arizona than they had originally planned, and it's an outdoor venue that's not as loud and doesn't have as good sound.

Necrobutcher seemed pretty into it but the other 2 guitarists kind of just stood there. It was fun though, glad I caught them.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Sargeist came out with another 2 song EP and it's just classic Sargeist, in the same vein as Let The Devil In.

Check it.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

abyssos rules

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Bubble Bathory posted:

Alcest show is coming up here in Scottsdale. Anyone itt in the area and planning on going?
It's at a bar I work at so I will probably be there anyway, but I was never a huge fan of that whole movement in black metal and I find a lot of Alcest/wittr fans (around here anyway) to be touristy with regards to metal.

You work at the Rogue? I go there sometimes. Interesting. I might be going but I might just stay home and save money for Watain and Behemoth when they come.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Negura Bunget played to no one last night and actually kicked some rear end. Them, and Eclipse Eternal were actually pretty impressive live.

seeing them monday

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

I hope they come to Phoenix.

Also, the last Inquisition is loving amazing.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Anyone heard the new Marduk?

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

I'm listening to Kentucky now. My grandma is from Kentucky, she turned 86 today. This should be fun.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Atlas Moth posted:

Stumbled over this gem earlier.

Хлад - I (То, Чего не Должно Было Быть)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Ibsw4QkIw

It's Russian and ridiculously hard to pronounce, but it's also some really solid atmospheric BM that you probably want to check out.

This is really good, thanks for posting.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

I saw Agalloch last night. First 2 bands weren't the best but Agalloch killed it. Anyone else see them on this tour?

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

According to metal-archives, Gorgoroth has a new vocalist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Not Very Metal posted:

Yeah I think the live tracks that come from this tour will be sweet, but I'm not holding my breath for another Incipit or Twilight.

Agreed. I still like Quantos though. Under the sign of hell 2011 was pointless as poo poo though.