Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
Hey, another new poster on this board.
Has anyone here ever been to Inferno Festival? I'm tentatively making plans to fly over next year (I'm in the UK.)
The bands announced so far:

Behemoth
Enslaved
My Dying Bride
SepticFlesh
Antichrist
Bloodbath
Mortuary Drape
Slagmaur
Dødsengel
Skeletonwitch
Svartidaudi
Ensiferum

Looks like I'll be going on my todd though, having no black metal fan buddies, so silently making GBS threads it haha.

Also wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Carach Angren? I've skimmed back as best I could but haven't seen any mention of them. I recently got introduced to their music via Tumblr (I know...) and a Dutch youtuber who made some glowing reviews of their albums. Currently got all three on constant rotation, looking forward to a tour near me soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

ElectricWizard posted:

I've been there five times, and as I'm now living in Oslo I'll probably be going next year as well, if nothing else for Dødsengel and Svartidaudi. The festival is alright, just be prepared to pay around eight pounds for a beer.

Excellent, me being a 7 stone waif of a lady and a massive lightweight, this will not be a problem!

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Possibly Chicken posted:

Yeah they had a cool stage presence but holy poo poo that one guy can't play guitar live for poo poo. People seem into them though

Ah you mean Seregor? Well that's a shame, although I've also read lots of great reviews too. TBH I really love them so it probably wouldn't matter haha. I hope they come here for the new album tour.

I'm not familiar with a lot of the other bands at Inferno Fest, outside of the bigger ones like 1349, Enslaved, Behemoth etc. I haven't really been keeping up with the BM/extreme metal scene for a while, but it seems it wouldn't be that expensive, at least compared to say a Download ticket. It's doable, just gotta get over that fear of travelling and flying alone! I mean I've never been to Norway before, and I've seen they're doing a cruise around the fjords with live music by a Japanese doom metal band?? How could I not?

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

ElectricWizard posted:

Prices (and salaries) are quite high here, particularly in Oslo, so watch out for ridiculously priced hotels. Church Of Misery on the fjord was this year, they haven't announced anything about the cruise for 2015. It was an awesome experience though, despite terrible weather, since those guys are awesome both on and off the stage.

Woops you're right, I assumed it was next years info on the venue page! Well I hope they do something equally awesome again, get in the sightseeing/BM all at once :)
I've been looking into hotels, Citybox seems okay and around where I need to be for venues and such.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Be sure to visit Neseblod records (Helvete) if you go, it's almost walking distance and very easy to get to by bus.

Oh yeah! Sweet will def have to do that. Selfie outside Helvete, kvlt as fook, mate.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
I finally got round to buying Peter Beste's True Norwegian Black Metal book, it's definitely worth it and bigger than I expected! So many great photos worthy of framing.

Also contains this great letter by Euronymous otherwise known as 'How to look like the biggest tryhard in the universe'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

The Clit Avoider posted:

Nah, Necrobutcher. Who is/was actually probably the most normal guy in that band over the years.

Yeah twas.

Also why I like Fenriz, takes the music, but not himself so seriously.

The fact that Euronymous thought Darkthrone were dorks when he first met them is also hilarious cos that letter, man.