Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Wow 'The Most Metal Things Ever!' article is hilarious, it even got a good response over on MA. I think this might be because they picked some good targets that just about everyone can see the humor in, didn't rag on one genre the whole time and didn't touch any scared cows. If the author's are reading this, I'd like to congratulate them on such a well written article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
I've never really had a problem with people using fag as an insult, kind of like how I don't have a problem with people saying friend of the family, I guess it's because my friends use both as a general insult but kind of in an endearing way. I think it will be one of those words that will just be used as a general insult so much it will probably lose it's original meaning all together. So you know, there could be a positive side to it's use in such a general way thanks to the constantly evolving nature of linguistics.

I've never understood any homophobic sentiment from black metal fans based on bm ideologies, surely as being so widely regarded as a sin it should be up there with the most blasphemic of acts. Really, any fan who takes black metal ideologies seriously should be engaging in homosexual practice regardless of sexual orientation to do their part, otherwise they are just plainly not contributing to the community.

So guys, I've been pretty out of the loop this year, the only metal album I have from this year is Amesoeurs out of pure interest as to how it would turn out. I lost interest in music all together for a while so needless to say I haven't really been keeping up with what has been released this year, I have no doubt I've probably missed a hundred Drowning the Light releases for a start.

What would you guys consider to be the essential black metal albums of 2009?

Sue Denim fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Dec 27, 2009

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Thanks! You just got me super excited about a new Nazxul album, I thought they were inactive?

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Plasma1010 posted:

Yeah I was just about to mention Gaahl is openly gay ... and you cant deny hes a largely influential part of Black Metal.
Gaahl would definitely be a top, I can't even imagine what type of a giant and intimidating man it would take to have him as a bottom.

I knew one of the Gorgoroth members had to be gay! When they're tour rider was released I noticed that it had strawberry flavored condoms and I thought unless one if them was homosexual I couldn't really imagine them caring too much about having flavored condoms.

As far as their music goes I'd have to say Antichrist is my favorite album and that I really admire how consistent the quality of their releases has been over the years without being one trick ponies. I think one of the major pitfalls of the genre for many bands is that even if they have consistent material often each album is just more of the same which always dissapoints me.

Sue Denim fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Dec 28, 2009

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Noktorn posted:

Actually the members of Gorgoroth are most likely pedophiles. Actually not a joke. There was a story a while back about a Mexican concert promoter getting asked where they could get child prostitutes and this was corroborated by a friend of mine who is close friends with a Colombian booking agent. Their main request: five 12-year-old boys.
Are you Noktorn of MA?

As for Gorgoroth being pedophiles, nothing would surprise me in the BM scene anymore, especially when depravity is a commodity. I am a bit amused at how Gaahl has a pretty boy boyfriend though.

Thanks for the lists guys, I appreciate it I'll have to get busy.