Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Agalloch's doing an East Coast tour with Worm Ouroboros

03/17 – Austin, TX @ Barbarella Patio (as part of the Nanotear Showcase at SXSW)
03/18 – New Orleans, LA @ One Eyed Jacks
03/19 – Atlanta, GA @ The Earl
03/20 – Raleigh, NC @ King’s Barcade
03/21 – Baltimore, MD @ The Sonar
03/22 – New York, NY @ Le Poisson Rouge
03/23 – Cambridge, MA @ Middle East
03/24 – Montreal, QC @ TBA
03/25 – London, ON @ The Music Hall
03/26 – Cleveland, OH @ Beachland Ballroom
03/27 – Chicago, IL @ Reggie’s Rock Club

And they're confirmed for Scion Rock Fest in Pomona

(cross posted to metal thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
So I have this ticket for Immortal and Absu at Sonar in Baltimore on the 20th and I might not be able to go. Any takers (not free but not full price)?

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Their entire discography is amazing, Ruun I think is my personal favorite but it's impossible to pick.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

CNN Sports Ticker posted:

I never thought I'd like black metal, but here I am.

Wolves in the Throne Room were my entry point (Diadem, specifically) but then I've been really enjoying Drudkh (love Drudkh) and Deathspell Omega and Altar of Plagues. And that album by Pyha was pretty great! I guess I like depressive and atmospheric BM? I'm not very good at distinguishing what's what and why.

Based on what I've read in the thread, next I want to check out Strid, Windir, Immortal, Cthonic and Sigh.

Check out Mar de Grises, Moonsorrow, and Enslaved.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

EvilMoJoJoJo posted:

I always assumed Abigail Williams were metalcore, going by the name. Huh.

I did too and have basically ignored them until recently, now I actually like them. The new album is a little different, but I like it. Although, I really can't remember anything special about it because I always forget it's on. That new bm post rock thing sort of fades in the background after a few minutes.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Bruce Boxliker posted:

I'm going to be interviewing Ihsahn tomorrow. Anyone got any questions they'd like me to ask?

Any future plans collaborating with Leprous?

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

IRQ posted:

I came to post about Kentucky, not surprised someone beat me to it, but yes holy loving poo poo is this album awesome. Banjos, in black metal, and it won't make you laugh like that one Taake track. poo poo is bleak as hell.

I'd be pretty surprised if that one NPR guy doesn't do a story on it.

loving listen to Panopticon guys.

I came here to do the same. Looks like I'm really late to that party.

GUYS. KENTUCKY. NOW.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
edit: wrong thread

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 28, 2012

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Goddamn I love Kata Ton Daimona Eaytoy. It's the perfect blend of aggression, tempo, melodies, chanting, and basically everything I like. gently caress.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

nomapple posted:

I doubt they'll top Theogonia as far as the new sound is concerned, but the new album has some good tracks on it. I particularly like the 2nd track.

That's actually the one I was listening to as I wrote that post. P'unchaw Kachun - Tuta Kachina. gently caress.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
I checked out Darkestrah as per the other metal chat and I really like it, but after catching up on this thread I'm worried that it may be too gazey. :ohdear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evoG7eKH4j4

Is this black metal enough? I need to be validated :emo:

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
(Inverted)-Cross-posting this from the metal thread in honor of our dark lord. I hope you don't mind a little shameless self-promotion real quick.

I put together a website for metal tour dates in the US and Canada - www.metaltours.us. I got tired of searching through all sorts of bullshit to find shows coming by me so I made this site. There's no reviews, interviews, top 10 lists, or any of that - just metal tour dates. It auto-publishes the feed to the facebook site and the twitter feed, and I've got a mailing list you can sign up for that I'll use to send out weekly/monthly updates.

Anyways, this page just started off as a personal project of mine that's sort of taken off (hit 666 likes 2 days ago on the fb page, almost at 800 now, and I submitted the link to reddit/r/metal last night and it's getting a lot of good feedback, so I wanted to share with you goons. Right now it's just one guy (me) doing the updates whenever I find them, but I'm hoping this thing can get even bigger and become the go-to place for this stuff. Hope you guys like it!

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Cross posting from the metal thread:

I'm wondering if any goons are interested in helping me out with something.

As some of you know, I run the site MetalTours.US and I'm looking for contributors who can act as local reps to keep shows and venues in their area accurate and up to date. I have a full location search on the site, but it's only as accurate as the event venue descriptions are. Most tour announcements only give the venue name and city, and are commonly innacurate (wrong city, venue name spelled wrong, etc). When I import them into the database on my website, the google map api has a hard time finding some of them. I'm probably at 60-70% accuracy now, but it's a huge pain in the rear end. This leads me to going to each individual venue and confirming the address is correct (I have over 700 venues already). Also, I'm just adding tours and don't get a lot of the smaller events (one-off shows, smaller fests, whatever) but I want to get as many events as I can on there.

Anyways, if any of you goons are interested, edit: you can register here http://metaltours.us/contribute/

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Hulk Krogan posted:

Full album stream for Enslaved's new record is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwvcXnDl1GM

This is so good.