Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

IRQ posted:

I came to post about Kentucky, not surprised someone beat me to it, but yes holy loving poo poo is this album awesome. Banjos, in black metal, and it won't make you laugh like that one Taake track. poo poo is bleak as hell.

I'd be pretty surprised if that one NPR guy doesn't do a story on it.

loving listen to Panopticon guys.

hey I love that taake track :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

RHTITE posted:

It's not that they can't have a place, it's that they shouldn't. Because most people know better that to try to fit square pegs into round holes.

And why shouldn't they? Because you, personally don't like how it sounds? Oh well, wrap it up boys, RHTITE says they don't belong.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Rejoice fans of Joel Grind's Yellow Goat material! This note was just posted on Joel Grind's blog this weekend...

Yessssssss

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Dog Jones posted:

I'm getting into black metal now, and Burzum is loving tight. What is up with his crazy loving ideas though? I'm scared to read the lyrics because I might find out these awesome tracks are about a bunch of stupid poo poo.

Anyway, I'm new to this genre but I'm really feeling it. I've listened to Ulver's first four records and Burzum's discography (among a few others). What are the classic, definitive black metal records I should check out?

If you're going to be a metal fan, black metal especially, it's best to ignore the message and just enjoy the music.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Byfrost, Sodom, Ruins, Bestial Mockery, and of course Absu

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

I don't like this thing therefore it's objectively bad and shouldn't exist.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Can you put together a list of what kind of music is okay to like RHTITE?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

But it's not up to you or Fenriz or anyone else to decide what does or doesn't belong in any given genre.

If someone wants to make black metal with shoegaze and post rock influences they can and if you don't like it you don't have to listen to it. It doesn't have any effect on you at all.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

euroboy posted:

Its hardly any thing to do with the murder 20 years ago anymore. Its more recent events, like escaping from probation with an automatic rifle and nearly a thousand bullets.
I dont know what ideology he's into now. He's gone from being a satanist to a nazi but he might have finally found himself with in the extreme right wing and fascist viewpoints. Dont forget his growing symptoms of paranoid psychosis as he's convinced that several groups are out to kill him in an elaborate jewish conspiracy.

This is the tipping point, together with the Breivik thing and that he's stockpiling guns and explosives while blogging about getting rid of the muslims.

I just dont understand why he's getting so much sympathy just because he was a relevant musician ages ago. He's a ticking bomb.

He'll never go back to Norway as he's under so much debt (close to 4 million pounds) so he'll just go some where else if he cant stay in france.

But dude Euronymous was a dick or whatever

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Morbid Florist posted:

who the gently caress looks that close at a phone ad...

Probably someone looking at the pictures that are advertising an entirely new operating system.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Inquisition leaked, if you are into that.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

A Serious Woman posted:

Absu are playing here in my town in a little over two weeks. I'm not terribly familiar with them but I'd still like to head out to see them. Anyone have any recommendations of any songs/albums I should check out?

All of them. Definitely see them, too. I'm seeing them for the second time on Saturday.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Why does it have to be a circle jerk and not just other humans liking it?

Because you will likely accuse me of Being A Part Of The Circle Jerk, I didn't care for it.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Comparing neo-Nazi and NS ideals to an anti-Christian band is also pretty flimsy because hating entire races of people (Jews, Blacks, etc) is a lot different than religions

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

How does pitchfork decide which metal albums they review?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Thank you so much for this info I loving love when people get called out on shirt like this. How is she trying to justify/handwave it away?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

gently caress anal oval office

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

blue.eyed.ash posted:

What's even better about this Kim Kelly mess is that a week or two before releasing that Dragonforce interview, Stereogum published a piece where she let Bolzer handwave their swastika tattoos and Nazi imagery.

Did you just like, not even read the article?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Seeing Proscriptor and Absu has definitely been one of my favorite shows so far.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Danny LaFever posted:

I liked Conqueror back in the day and was excited to hear some of the guys kept going with Revenge. I bought a record of theirs from a local seller and he mentioned the new Archgoat coming out at the end of the month. I don't mind the little bit I've heard of them but any fans of these guys to say if anything they've done the last few years is worth while?

Also looking for any recommendations in war metal with grindcore sound. Stuff like Teitanblood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91kwdlJpA-w

Antediluvian is a real popular one, good stuff

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

To Battle posted:

Until the Light Takes Us is the only one worth watching in my opinion. The others are just awkward interviews that aren't done very well.

Yeah I'm going to second that, UTLTU is terrific

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

IronLawnmower posted:

Loud goofy music about Satan=ok
Loud goofy music about the arayan masterrace 88=not ok

Literally agreed

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

funeral fag posted:

Hi everyone, black metal band here

When did Liturgy get new members

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

COOL CORN posted:

... Is it, though? Is it?

Hurr

I enjoyed listening to Ark Work but it isn't remotely black metal so I didn't mention it here

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Not like we haven't known for years, but christ what a garbage human being. It's embarrassing that people still like this idiot because he made some music they like

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Yessss they coming to Milwaukee

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

A human heart posted:

what black metal should be like.

Goodbye to my eyeballs as they begin their journey rolling out of my head and out into the world

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Crazy loving lucky that Negura Bunget, Mgla, and Mortuary Drape are all stopping in Milwaukee this fall. So amped!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Fantastic

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's like they listened to criticisms and adapted their style to be harsher.

Mmm I would be very loving surprised if Deafheaven gave a poo poo what people thought

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

A human heart posted:

that's just silly

Maybe he just meant in his opinion

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Scrambles posted:

I just saw tribulation a couple weeks ago, they sound fuckin great and their lead guitarists wears essentially heeled ballet shoes and prances around the whole time

god...

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Seeing Absu on 4/20 in a small club. Soooo stoked.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

I went to Gilead Fest 2014 in Oshkosh and I'm jealous he's doing it in WA this year. It's gonna loving own, wish I could be there.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

They were very very enjoyable when I saw them last summer

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

this is cool

https://spektralhatchery.bandcamp.com/album/spektral-hatchery

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

A human heart posted:

There's probably like a hundred bands that do these, what do you want it to sound like?

I think they want it to sound like Obsequiae and Batushka

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Pink Floyd owns

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

come after black anvil then leave before mayhem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve