Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

I think racism and NS black metal is as doofy and ridiculous as any concept possibly could be, but the mentality behind making blog articles calling for a musical genre that is designed to praise evil and the destruction of humanity to become a "safe space" for anyone at all is genuinely hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Grey Dynamite posted:

that was just my first hint that they might not be kosher.

:golfclap:

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

I've been laughing at this for hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM32FbF6m6I

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Gamma Nerd posted:

That sounds like someone torturing a cat over an Angelic Process track

That would be a fairly good description of Deafheaven's sound, yes.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Gamma Nerd posted:

Hey, meanie, I like The Angelic Process :mad:

Oh I do as well, and Slowdive (the band actually being screamed over in the video) is one of my favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Skilleddk posted:

Just came in to ask for recommendations similar to Gallowbraid. Ashen Eidolon is just so loving amazing and I want more. I love the crescendos which just keep building and building

Not pure Black Metal but similar "driving melodic" metal would be Rapture's album Futile and Autumnblaze's Perdition Diaries as both have that "Brave Murder Day" worship down to a science.

Angular Landbury fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 28, 2014