Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Have you guys heard new Abyssal? They have a new album, Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius. The best way to describe it is that it's loving bleak, man.

Here's a song from it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp3HWGmhOSA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Have we talked about how truly ridiculous black metal can be? I bust out laughing every time I see this Immortal video. Dig the song, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VBdAY8eA9w

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Sauska posted:

this is the most ridiculous metal of any sort has gone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flQ-2YW8wLc
highlighted by the fact that the band is considered "white power metal", so i guess not technically black metal, but this is a black metal guy (from Nokturnal Mortum)

That is terrible. Congratulations, you win the worst music ever prize.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Oldstench posted:

Another year, another loving Burzum album. Sôl austan, Mâni vestan to be released in May. I hope the lyrics touch on tabletop RPGs. That would be neat.

God, why won't Varg just go away?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Zodijackylite posted:

He has a very, very lengthy explanation, do you really want to hear it?

Sure, I'll bite.

Is this about how he stabbed Euronymous and then went to jail, or is this about how he he hates all other black metal dudes for "acting gay?"

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Vintersorg posted:

Cause he makes some pretty good music?

I would disagree, but at the same time, I can't separate him from his music. All I hear is racism whenever I listen to Burzum.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I've been listening to a lot of Drudkh lately, and I was looking for some recommendations based on that. Are there any other bands that mix a folk style with black metal, except with Nordic folk (I prefer Scandinavian folk over Slavic folk)?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I've been listening to a lot of Les Discrets lately and I was wondering if there was a so called "blackgaze" band harder than that? I mean, it's all well and good, but I want something a little more Darkthrone and little less Joy Division. Any recommendations?

Edit: I hope this is the right thread to ask. :ohdear:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

QPZIL posted:

I think so. It's all that whole "blackened wall of sound" thing.

As long as you stay far the hell away from anything regarding their singer and his personal writings, Liturgy fits that mold pretty well. And be sure to check out the inspiration for WitTR, Weakling.

Weakling loving rules.

edit-- actually, you know what, I'm in a bad mood today, so go ahead and read Hunter Hunt-Hendrix's manifesto on black metal here:
http://books.google.com/books?id=GCM2MFeJwfMC&lpg=PP1&pg=PA53#v=onepage&q&f=false

I can't make it past the first couple pages. "Prolegomenon?" loving really?

He could have just written "I CARE WAY TOO MUCH ABOUT GUYS IN WHITE FACEPAINT" over and over on every page and the result would have been the same.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Can someone explain to me what atmospheric black metal is because people tell me it's the type of music I like but I don't know what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

COOL CORN posted:

Does it come from the pacific northwest?

Well you've probably got you some atmospheric black metal.

A lot of the bands I like come from Eastern Europe