Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

m-o-o-n posted:

Seconding the Midnight recommendation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlMPJe5biVU

Thirding it, they seriously own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Dog Jones posted:

I'm getting into black metal now, and Burzum is loving tight. What is up with his crazy loving ideas though? I'm scared to read the lyrics because I might find out these awesome tracks are about a bunch of stupid poo poo.

Anyway, I'm new to this genre but I'm really feeling it. I've listened to Ulver's first four records and Burzum's discography (among a few others). What are the classic, definitive black metal records I should check out?

Burzum's lyrics aren't racist or anything. They're mostly about Middle Earth, and occasionally satan, well the early stuff at lest. Now its Norse mythology.

As for Recs I'd get All the early Darkthrone from A Blaze in the Northern Sky to Panzerfaust. Pure Holocaust by Immortal is also a great entry point. For Mayhem get Live in Leipzeg, Deathcrush, and De Misereis dom whatever the gently caress it is.

Also get into some first wave stuff, You'll like Bathory's first 3 albums if you like Burzum.

Oh yeah I'm kinda new to the Black Metal topic, so I hope you guys will let me into your evil Goon Inner Circle of evil :black101:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

That sounds loving awesome. Burritos and Black metal. What's not to like?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

That song is from Umskiptar. It's called Golden age or something like that.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

It's okay, I still can't even remember most of it. That song just kinda sticks out for me.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Dead is overrated cause of suicide. :colbert:

Live in Leipzig still owns though.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

nerve posted:

How does pitchfork decide which metal albums they review?

Only the hip stuff yo. Just kidding it is pretty random though. One local band from around here got the pitchfork treatment. http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/18975-argentinum-astrum-malleus-maleficarum/

They're pretty good if you like doomy slow Black Metal. They're on a tour of the east coast right now too so if they're in your area check them out. They're pretty crushing live and were amazing as the local openers for Lord Mantis and Hell Militia

https://www.facebook.com/events/734205856645301/?ref=22

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Satanic Warmaster is so generic, but that's why I kinda like it. It's pretty fun stuff I guess.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Although, black metal is now prohibited in the southern US...

:black101:

I guess I can't go see inquisition tonight now if it's banned :(

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Metal Sonichu posted:

I know who Mayhem is, never heard of Revenge(?), and who's the third band?

Revenge is like the bestest Black Death beastial war metal out there

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Monkeytime posted:

Lord Mantis has canceled the second half of their tour:

From what I've heard, this has to do with Charlie not being able to stay sober while performing. I really hope he can get it together and they can keep going, but it's going to take a major lifestyle change on his part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EfsNB99Y_g

I saw them earlier this year and they were perfect. Hope they can keep going and he can maybe not throw beer on me this time.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

I think the point of seeing mayhem now is to say you saw mayhem, but hey atilla is good at least.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Carach angren opened for deicide here. Didn't have a good live sound really. Can't say I'm a fan but it's not my type of black metal really. (Inquisition was who really stole the show imo)

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

I haven't seen them live, but I loving love their albums but everyone says their live sound sucks :( Cool theatrics though!

Kvlt! posted:

I haven't seen them live, but I loving love their albums but everyone says their live sound sucks :( Cool theatrics though!

Yeah they had a cool stage presence but holy poo poo that one guy can't play guitar live for poo poo. People seem into them though

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Master race right there

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

apophenium posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebxIwwhV5MA

What the gently caress is Liturgy doing. :stare:

9.5 Best New Music.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

I liked Esoteric Warfare, sorry for my bad opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

YOUR WHOLE LIFE IS A SHAM
A MAN OF MYSTERY
PHOTOSHOP A FAMILY PORTRAIT
TO HIDE THE FACT YOU MARRIED A MAN

(it's about Obama)