Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
So the other day I put in Immortal's At the Heart of Winter in my car stereo for the first time.

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Why had I not listened to this before.

All I really listened to of theirs before was Sons of Northern Darkness, and I enjoyed it, but didn't listen to it much. but this... is all their other stuff like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Morbid Florist posted:

At the Heart of Winter rules but their best album is Pure Holocaust. It's one of the best black albums ever made. :colbert:

Get all their albums except for blizzard beasts. They all have good tracks except for BB.

I tried that awhile ago and couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another spin.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
What do you guys think of the new Borknagar?

I've listened to it one and a half times, and I really like it. I always like their stuff, so it's no surprise to me. I loved Epic and this is definitely in the same vein, though mellower.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I'll be checking that out as well.

Also, 'My Domain' on the new Borknagar is loving fantastic. I'm a huge nerd for ICS's vocals (which is why I adore The Archaic Course even though nobody else seems to) so maybe that's why.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I have actually liked Dimmu Borgir's last two albums. I know a lot of people hadn't, but I did.

Their new track, Gateways, is terrible. I had to force myself to listen to the whole thing thinking maybe it would have a cool part.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Latis posted:

I actually like the new Dimmu Borgir album that was released yesterday. 100x better than the last one. :cthulhu:

I'm listening to it right now, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I do too. I liked the last one but the new single didn't sound so good and I figured this would be terrible.

But it's not. At least not yet. I quite like Chess with the Abyss.

:cthulhu:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Borknagar had an entire acoustic album, dudes. I still consider them black metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

EvilMoJoJoJo posted:

but this is my favourite ever album.

It's certainly up there for me as well. Probably in my top five easily.