Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

catbread.jpg posted:

All the really kvlt bands use Maxtor hard drives for their recordings.

The truly grim and frostbitten use IBM Deskstars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Not Very Metal posted:

There isn't a lot of new information presented in the film, but it's easily worth the $7. Also, Fenriz is hysterical.

Apparently they have something like 350 hours of extra footage, so a DVD is highly likely, although without any tentative date.

Which sucks because it isn't playing anywhere within 5 hours of here.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Plasma1010 posted:

Eurovision sucks. Lordi was awesome though. I never even heard of it until Lordi was in it then I was like wow this could be cool. Listened to everyone elses stuff and it sucked. It like music for yuppies.

It's about as far from black metal as you can get, but Ireland loves to troll the poo poo out of Eurovision and it's loving hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n--JnAwirk

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bubble Bathory posted:

Burzum isn't taboo for you. It's actually among the exact bands you're looking for.

This.

Listening to Burzum doesn't mean you agree with Varg's crazyass beliefs.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Hung Yuri posted:

wittr is bad?

Lyrics are the don't ask don't tell of black metal for some wacky reason.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

dead56k posted:

I know, I know. The worst offense.
I bought it on vinyl recently, and some of the inner artwork has some weird fairy poo poo going on. I love WITTR, but I must make sure it isn't a black cascade of fairies and unicorns and such.

I wouldn't commit such a heinous act if I hadn't dug deep everywhere to find no results. Asking here seems like a better idea than some lovely metal forum.

WITTR are basically tree-hugging vegan hippie fags who support eco-terrorism so that's entirely possible.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

This is a really odd thread to find political correctness but I guess

Not Very Metal posted:

Another on the long list of contradictions in the world of black metal.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

ElectricWizard posted:

Yeah, this is not true. King Ov Hell actually works as a teacher in a primary school.

That's a really hilarious mental picture even though I know he probably doesn't wear corpsepaint and shriek multiplication tables at small children.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Captain Chestbeard posted:

Hope I'm not making GBS threads up ye olde black metal thread with this, but....

:siren: FINNTROLL'S NEW ALBUM IS NOW ONLINE! :siren:

[url=

You probably want to edit that link out of your post dude.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Yeah, NMD is less retarded over-reactive than Games/TVIV post-Barnyard where even mentioning that the internet exists can get you a probation for piracy, but don't post links. Also... how is Finntroll black metal? :confused:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Not Very Metal posted:

So how is it?

Highly repetitive.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

RHTITE posted:

Of course, but what I'm saying is that he doesn't seem to have the same level of inspiration (whatever it may be) that he had 16 years ago. This causes the album to take on an overall tone where it sounds like Burzum Does Burzum, instead of just Burzum. Basically, most of it is an unfocused mess. He may not have it anymore, or he may simply be out of practice.

Agreeing with everything you've said.

The whole thing sounded to me like it almost could have been 5 seconds of music looped for each song with vocals laid down overtop. In the end it was just tiresome and uninspired.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Well hey boring as sweet all gently caress album, but it causes positive results, I guess it's alright then. Were they catholic churches?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

AgentJotun posted:

I really dont like the idea that Mercyful Fate, early Slayer, and Venom are all in the same genre.

Good news! It's all some form of metal, so you can pigeonhole any of it into any (real or made up) subgenere you please and argue about it on the internet until we all die of old age and never actually be wrong.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

QPZIL posted:

Is the packaging going to make much of a difference for you? Because that's all you're missing....

The leak is actually from the vinyl version so it may sound slightly better when it's released on cd. But I doubt it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Haggins posted:

Anyone going to pick up the Belus lp? I'm just trying to find a place that won't rape me in shipping to the US.

I'm ordering it on wax cylinder. I want my boring black metal to sound as horribly lo-fi as possible.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Donating proceeds to Haiti and then in the next paragraph a bit of classic Varg racism. :3:

I am more entertained by this than Belus.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Plasma1010 posted:

I guess that is a product of growing up with like only 4 or 5 bootleg CDs as your entire inspiration.

Well yeah but there was an awful lot of that one guy wearing a Slipknot shirt so clearly they weren't that sheltered and in part just had horrible horrible horrible taste in music. I agree that the whole thing was more interesting as a study of the plight of Iraqi civilians than of metal in the middle east. We know very well that middle eastern culture is perfectly capable of producing good metal, it's just that right now all of it comes out of Israel.

Their whole EP is on myspace. It's, well, Metallica worship and 20 years behind the times.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I thought we had a whole other visa category for touring musicians?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

RHTITE posted:

Also, the only two bands worth a poo poo in Black Metal whose vocalists also play the drums are the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLEYvjUyixc - Absu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrRj7ejHFTY - Profanatica

I can understand not liking Burzum much, but not worth a poo poo?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I've been listening to them for a long time now and never knew the vocalist was female. She's pretty great I guess!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Perfect Element posted:

Beherit is less 'spooky beautiful forest' and more dark dirty Satan raping your mum sort of music.

Sold!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TeamJesus posted:

So the new Melechesh album is unsurprisingly awesome.

drat, you weren't kidding. This is great. Maybe better than Emissaries.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Qu Appelle posted:

:dance: "Mutilation outta sight
And I'm contemplating suicide" :toot:

Is it bad that I just want to mail all the bandmembers a bucketful of Prozac, some hot cocoa, and a kitten?

Yes because they are terrible nu-metal tools.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

alpiger posted:

Beherit have lyrics about war? :confused:

Black metal bands have understandable lyrics?

I really don't get this argument.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Kaiho posted:

Yes they do, unless it's the whole washed-out-with-static kind of howling.

I was exaggerating, but it is pretty rare that enough is easily understandable enough for me to get what the lyrics are about beyond a very general idea. Of course maybe I just haven't listened to enough NSBM to find a song with this effect:

Cobweb Heart posted:

I usually just try to ignore whatever racist viewpoints people put in music and try to appreciate the sound of the music itself. Unfortunately, this once ended with me getting a Pluton Svea song stuck in my head. :ughh: All day long, over and over again: friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family! DON'T STAY OUT TOO LATE! AS LONG AS THERE IS NIGGERS THERE IS HATE!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Plasma1010 posted:

Yes I am completely serious. Except for some minor examples, Black Metal tends to pride itself on its disassociation with other Genre's. And why should it not ? Black Metal is very closed minded, which is why an acoustic song named "Bedrooms" is simply not Black Metal.

And those mellow synth tracks Varg cooked up in his bedroom? The difference is that they weren't called "bedrooms" and he may or may not have been contemplating how much he hates the jews while recording them? Hell, "Tomhet" could mean bedrooms for all I know.

You're taking this all a bit too seriously.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Nova Bizzare posted:

Who dat?

Anaal%2BNathrakh.jpg

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

aliencowboy posted:

They play black grind. It's part of the coffee-core subgenre.

I hear they just had a french pressing of their latest house blend.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

That is a lot of words about Demon Burger.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

5er posted:

I was really disappointed :(

edit, I just paid attention to the avatar, I'm getting tl;dr'd by an R.R. Martin fan, that's some irony.

To be fair, Wild Cards hate George RR Martin more than Varg hates jews.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Anathema Mameshiba posted:

You do also have The Great Silk Road, right?

On the off chance that anyone doesn't, this album is loving amazing.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

m-o-o-n posted:

Negative Plane are supposed to release a follow-up to Et In Saecula Saeculorum this year. Other than that there isn't much to look forward to unless Grand Belial's Key manage to write another album.

Isn't Primordial releasing a new album this year too?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Kaiho posted:

Are they really black metal though?

And if they are, then Moonsorrow's new album is something to look forward to.

It's kind of hard to say what exactly Primordial is now that pagan metal has come to mean zany folk instruments and vikings or whatever. It seems appropriate to mention them in this thread though.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Plasma1010 posted:

If Gorgoroth re-records any album, I'm going to throw them into the modern Dimmu Borgir pool. Quantos was tolerable but nothing special in my opinion.

I got Hate Forests "Sorrow" album and I really like it. "Fog" was a particularly good song. I'll ask again if anyone can recommend where I go next with them ?

Am I alone in really liking Quantos blah blah Satanblah?

I liked it a lot actually. I totally know that "Rebirth" was hilariously lame thematically, but I still like to listen to it. One time I playing some track off it while I was sitting at a stoplight and had someone ask what I was listening to, it can't be complete poo poo right? :unsmith:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bowling black metal?

Have to go with Taake - Doedsjarl

That said, and while it isn't black metal, I don't think you could go wrong with Finntroll for bowling metal.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Morbid Florist posted:

Oh come on, this album is NOT that bad. I haven't heard a song I've had to skip, but tracks 1 & 3 aren't songs. Sure it's not as good as belus, but there are far worse black metal albums released recently (new gorgoroth comes to mind).

What? There's no way Belus is better than Quantos Pussy Blahsblah Satan Tranniehunt.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DEAR RICHARD posted:

I seriously cannot get enough of Ashes Against the Grain. It is just all around amazing.

I could listen to Falling Snow just about forever I think.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Cobweb Heart posted:

Anyone else heard of SAD? Ignoring the silly name, they're a really kickass BM band from Greece. Their vocalist is fantastic and they have some really catchy and emotional riffs.

Oh I like this a lot. I'm grabbing all their stuff.

Also "SAD" is a perfect black metal band name in so many ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

e: whoops, wrong thread

IRQ fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 12, 2011