Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hellocruelworld
Feb 28, 2003

Dude, I See God!

Morbid Florist posted:

After the poo poo he pulled last time, he's not going ANYWHERE. Between being the scourge of norwegian christianity and holding people at gunpoint, nobody's letting that guy out.

I certainly HOPE not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hellocruelworld
Feb 28, 2003

Dude, I See God!

I kinda see Liturgy as attempting to be the Sun Ra of black metal with their grandiose over-the-top philosophical diatribes It's their attempt at being bigger than the genre or music I guess. That being said I think their image is pretentious as poo poo and pseudo-intellectual. However I do feel that they backed up their pretentious bullshit with a fantastic album.

hellocruelworld
Feb 28, 2003

Dude, I See God!

cryme posted:

haaha this is just as corny as Le Scrawl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWTIMnn30bw

I could see this working well if the juxtaposition wasn't so off-putting.

hellocruelworld
Feb 28, 2003

Dude, I See God!

COOL CORN posted:

Yep that's what I'm thinking. I want to have faith in him this time, I've seen his progress from being arrested to going to rehab to getting a fiancee and making efforts to make his life right. Granted, I'll be THAT much quicker in saying "gently caress him forever" if my TWWLB pre-order doesn't actually come in, but... I have hope.

I wouldn't trust anything remotely related to him. One thing that's important to healing from addiction is taking responsibility for his actions, he has not come anywhere close to doing that and he is still ripping people off. Ordering anything from Blake is a foolish move. The only reason you MAY get your pre-order is that TWWLB actually exists. I'm sure there will be plenty of people that won't receive anything however.

Latest rumors are that Blake is living in a motel in Chicago that's infamous for being used almost exclusively by addicts. Blake is a mess and basically any money you give him is going to go towards drugs.

hellocruelworld
Feb 28, 2003

Dude, I See God!

Kvlt! posted:

What was the controversy around Inquisition?

They got exposed as Nazis a while back by a guy that drove a tour bus on a tour that they were on. They denied it in a very awkward interview. This despite that it's been pretty well known for a while that they were nazis. I mean the singer has a side project called 88MM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hellocruelworld
Feb 28, 2003

Dude, I See God!

A human heart posted:

uhhh that sounds cool, theres a local band here that throws blood at people and they own. I don't know why you'd be into black metal and then think that was bad, blood and gore at black metal shows should be the norm.

This is a sign that you take the genre too seriously.