Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003
I recently stumbled upon this project:
http://bookofsand.bandcamp.com/
Book of Sand is an avant garde black metal project out of minneapolis, I don't know much about it at the moment, there's very little out there beyond a bandcamp and an interview. It's hit or miss with some of the material but the newest album absolutely blew me away and the song "no flags" (http://bookofsand.bandcamp.com/track/no-flags) is killer.

Unbootable fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003
I hope this is the right place to ask, but I'm trying to complete a Thou collection on vinyl, are there any distros that people have ordered that band's stuff from and had good experiences/prices with?

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for black metal compilations on 12"? I'm trying to keep my christmas list cheap, but I'm always interested in hearing new artists. Specifically anything that sounds like Thou, Wolves In The Throne Room, Emperor, False.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003
I noticed the other day that Thou had put tour dates up for dates they're playing with False and Cloud Rat.
09.15.13 - St. Louis with Fister // Ben Salyers
09.16.13 - Minneapolis at The House of Lard at six pm // Adam
09.17.13 - Milwaukee at Borg Ward (823 W. National Avenue) at seven pm with Northless // Cory
09.18.13 - Chicago at Albion House (1719 W. Albion Street) at six pm with Hate // Chris
09.19.13 - Grand Rapids // Rorick
09.20.13 - Detroit // Rorick
Are any other goons planning on going to any of these dates? I'm planning on the the Detroit one because that's what I'm closest to.