Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
I'm listening to 'Omen of Doom' on their Myspace right now and I'm pretty sure I hear the trombone. It's definitely a horn or a synth horn though I just assume it was the aforementioned trombone. It has a bit where it's upfront for a little while then it mixes back into the background (or at times appears to disappear entirely) then it comes back rinse repeat a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Openknees posted:

Picked up Sighs' Gallows Gallery, and I was really surprised. After the first listen I got the impression of Balzac trying to make music for Grandia II.

Wasn't Gallows Gallery received so poorly they got dropped from their label? The followup, also alliteration at work Hangman's Hymn, is pretty awesome though.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Any Old Irony posted:

The remastered edition of Gallows Gallery isn't really bad.

Is the remastered one the blue cover? I'm pretty sure the original is the orange/red cover but I want some confirmation before I order.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
D-Beat is a subgenre of punk if you didn't know that. So something somewhat similar to the last two Darkthrone albums in all likelihood.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Zodijackylite posted:

which is good for 45-60 mins if you're into it.

Both times I've seen them they play pretty much exactly 45 minutes. The only difference was when they were headlining they came out for a one song encore. I think they know they have a sweet spot for set length.