Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoo
Dec 29, 2004
SHART MY JORTS

420 shart jorts everyday

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

You can now stream the new Satyricon single, "Black Crow On A Tombstone" from Age Of Nero from Roadrunner's UK site.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/page/News?&news_page=&news_id=66268

Nice!

I really like that album cover, but wow this track is forgettable. I'm not in any way surprised considering the direction they've headed in for the last two releases, but this is really watered down and kind of like "Now.... That's What I Call Diabolical - 2".

Volcano and Diabolical are a couple of my guilty pleasures - while my inner purist cringes, they are both catchy and kind of fun to listen to. Despite this, and blind though my hope was, i was still kind of wishing for a bit of a return to the earlier sound. They're still incredible live though and should put on a great show in november here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoo
Dec 29, 2004
SHART MY JORTS

420 shart jorts everyday

Kaiho posted:

So, Secrets of the Moon were pretty good. Didn't see the transvestite bassist coming though.

Solstafir were loving phenomenal. I have not heard them before (and apparently they don't sound as good on record) but holy poo poo.

edit: I am listening to Köld on Spotify and yeah it sounds good. Omg.

Agree with all of that. 78 Days In The Desert from Köld is one of the best instrumental album intros i've heard in ages, and I'm really glad they opened the set with all 8 minutes of it.

On reflection, we may have been wrong about the SOTM bassist though:

Stoo
Dec 29, 2004
SHART MY JORTS

420 shart jorts everyday

m-o-o-n posted:

It has tits, though

How's the new album? I kinda liked Carved in Stigmata Wounds but the one they made after that was some gay satyricon poo poo

New album is very good. Seems more doomy than their other stuff, but well worth a look. They played a couple of tracks from it the other day and it sounds fantastic live as well.

Stoo
Dec 29, 2004
SHART MY JORTS

420 shart jorts everyday

Caucasus Belli posted:

That's an interesting lineup, not two bands I'd expect to see together. And a loving bargain for $20, even if 40 minutes is nowhere near enough SotM.

Did Moonspell subject you to Scorpion Flower? When I saw them they brought a chick specially so they could play it.

Secrets of the Moon were fantastic when I saw them a few weeks back in London, but the short set they had then really seemed to hurt them - they need a full headline-length set to really do their material justice.

The show itself was absolutely stolen by a wonderful Icelandic band on support duty called Sólstafir who before then, i'd never even heard of. A weird combination of stoner-y post-black space-metal that you could just lose yourself in. I love seeing a previously unknown band and walking out of the venue completely sold on them, and these guys absolutely nailed it.

Stoo
Dec 29, 2004
SHART MY JORTS

420 shart jorts everyday

Splash Damage posted:

What are some good bands similar to Windir or Vreid? What I am mainly looking for is not singing about satan all the time and trying so hard to offend people. Black Metal might not be a good genre to look for things like that but I like the growling vocals.

Mistur. A million times Mistur.
Stian Bakketeig from Windir formed them after Valfar died and they frankly sound almost exactly what you'd expect Windir to sound like if they were still around. They've only put out one album 'Attende' so far and it's really worth picking up. Of all the bands that formed from the ashes of Windir, they're by far my favourite, though I'd also really recommend Cor Scorpii as well.

Stoo
Dec 29, 2004
SHART MY JORTS

420 shart jorts everyday

Morbid Florist posted:

Nice, a Vreid guitarist left the band and they're replacing him with a guy from Windir. I believe that makes vreid entirely made up of ex-windir guys now. I'm skeptically hopeful about them not sucking anymore.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132916

Yessssssssssssss! He's the guy that made Mistur awesome and this is absolutely fantastic news.

Stoo
Dec 29, 2004
SHART MY JORTS

420 shart jorts everyday

Kaiho posted:

I look forward to seeing them live. Preferably in a better venue :3:

I dunno, Gaff really seemed to suit them. The sound was good too. Purple Turtle could work well i guess, but anywhere much bigger would be a bit too much for them at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoo
Dec 29, 2004
SHART MY JORTS

420 shart jorts everyday

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

According to these clips, Enslaved's new album Axioma Ethica Odini sounds pretty promising. :black101:

Sounds really, really promising - can't wait to hear the full thing. Still really sad that they're not doing a headliner tour of Europe this winter any more, instead supporting Dimmu Borgir on theirs :(

EDIT: ^^^^^^^ :black101: :hf: :black101: Nergal avatar buddies 4 life :black101: :hf: :black101: