Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

Bubble Bathory posted:

Where should I start with Countess?

It's pretty far from most of their other stuff, but The Shining Swords of Hate is one of my absolute favourite BM albums ever. Bleak, distant, atmospheric, droning goodness all around.

Here, have a list of personal black metal favourites:
Hirilorn - Legends of Evil and Eternal Death (epic and melodic, no homo)
Manes - Under Ein Blodraud Maane (dark, slow stuff)
Craft - Terror Propaganda (black 'n roll kind of stuff)
Von - Satanic Blood (Really, really old school stuff, from before everyone went Norwegian)
Nagelfar - Hünengrab im Herbst (weird Germans. Also check out the pirate album. And the one in between [where there is techno beats])
Aura Noir - Black Thrash Attack (Self describing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

aliencowboy posted:

This is fun.

A better album for drinking beer in the backseat of a beat up compact car heading for some festival, there is not.

It is also suitable for many other occations involving beer.

Bubble Bathory posted:

Sweet, thanks a lot dude.

My pleasure. It's been a while since I visited this part of my record collection.

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

Razor posted:

Under Ein Blodraud Maane is a phenomenal album; it's a shame their later albums took a turn for the lovely.

I've heard nothing after Under... should I just remain blissfully ignorant?

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

Razor posted:

Yeah, unless you like avant-garde trip rock.

Well, now I'll have to check it out.

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

I'm crossposting some shameless self-promotion from the stoner/doom/sludge thread, since the show spans both genres.

Anyone residing in or near Stockholm should come see us open for black metal legends Ofermod tonight at The Cave in Sundbyberg.

As an aside, we'll have a few copies of the sphinx compilation for sale, if you've been put off by shipping costs.