Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Thanks to my wonderful uke-playing girlfriend having an extra lying around that she never uses, I am now the owner of a free Lanikai tenor. :rock: Ukuleles are just the bee's knees and I can't understand why they're not the most popular instrument for people to pick up over guitars. Having played both (very, very amateurishly), a ukulele is basically an easier, more comfortable guitar that also costs less money. And is more portable. And sounds just as pretty, if not more so. And the quality-for-price curve is less hostile. Also, I find it easier to understand chords on a uke because I'm playing a maximum of four notes simultaneously, so I'm much quicker at figuring out which notes are which and how they're related. It's also more probable for open strings to go with whatever you're fretting!

I submit to you a little-known ukulele virtuoso, KYAS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aE9RwMWRVQ Here he's doing a cover of "Let's Dance" by Jake Shimabukuro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
edit: wrong thread. me idiot.

Cobweb Heart fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Aug 13, 2014

• Locked thread