Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Childhood'sEnd
Aug 26, 2003
roomy (fellow goon) had his art school friend over and decided to take a plaster mold of his face, but didnt take into account it drying over his facial hair...

Any suggestions on how he might get it off would be much appreciated, so far hes tried resoaking in warm water. currently taking tiny pieces off with pliers been at it an hour. its midnight and he is almost ready to go to the hospital

heres some pics of the noob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Hahahahaha.

E: Go with the chisel and hammer route, it's the only way.

Boon fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Nov 29, 2007

S.C. sweeps
Apr 23, 2006
Just rip it all off at once.

Mr.Popadopolis
Oct 9, 2007
Not my real name
Quick, like a band-aid.

Kidsolo
Dec 4, 2006

Give the dog a bone
Have you tried Kerosene and a match?

Puddles
Nov 25, 2005
HAI ^^
welp, thats unfortunate.

Pigstomper
Nov 6, 2006

OINKSAUCE
Just leave it. He looks awesome.

Mulletstation
May 9, 2004

mo' mullets mo' problems
Art Major.

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
A clean shave is in order.

Or you can try soaking the lower half of his face in warm water for a much longer time.

kliksf
Jan 1, 2003
The Gillette Fusion has 5 blades.

Filthiest Alf
Jul 26, 2007

it would be spiteful to put jellyfish in a trifle
He and that guy yesterday who covered his entire head in masking tape should join forces.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
Tried muratic acid?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Wait... he had a friend in art school who did this?

And they didn't realize goatee + plaster = pain and injury?

Someone wasn't paying attention in class! :pseudo:

Oh, and on a helpful note, tell him he's gotta sacrifice that goatee unless he wants a huge copay from the hospital. Besides, all they're going to do is shave that sucker off, so he might as well do it at home and save himself the assrape.

Ravens_Edge
Oct 11, 2003

Lacus Clyne, one of the few self unwrapping Christmas presents.

Boon posted:

Hahahahaha.

Way to put some Vaseline on first man. That’s got to hurt.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
can you work a straight razor or hobby knife (well he should do this) carefully between it and the skin to shave the hair?

I don't think it's keeping the facial hair. I also seem to recall when I did plaster casting that I had to be clean shaven to do it :)

Mulletstation
May 9, 2004

mo' mullets mo' problems

kliksf posted:

The Gillette Fusion has 5 blades.

actually it has 6.

Robo-Pope
Feb 28, 2007

It has big taste.
He just has this look of "I hate you." in the second photo. It's priceless.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Did he try shaving the plaster off, with a shaver?

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
Did anyone else read "Roomy gets plaster mold stuck to goatse"? It was really disappointing when I found out what it really was.

duckslut
Aug 13, 2003

I advise him to repeatedly run full speed into a wall till it breaks apart.

Deflategate Retrospective
Jul 22, 2002
Pee on it

Varsity
Jun 4, 2006

Whatever the solution, if it involves pain, you must video tape it. Tell him its a white trash waxing kit and just to pull the drat thing off.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
Just make a hole and shove a straw in there so he can breathe easier. See how long he can go with it on his face.

Alf - Der Film
Oct 24, 2006

This is going to turn out like that scene in 40 Year Old Virgin.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
How long's the hair underneath? If it's all short and stubbly like what you've uncovered, ripping it off might be best. If it's much longer, and you've been clipping as you go, your friend might be in for some pain.

There might be some form of mild acid that dissolves the plaster that won't eat his face, isn't it primarily some form of calcium?

:science:

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
WAIT! Before you go to the hospital/dynamite it/put acid on it, draw a new mouth and goatee on it for him, and post pictures for maximum GBS Comedy mileage!

Childhood'sEnd
Aug 26, 2003

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Did he try shaving the plaster off, with a shaver?

yeah with a straight razor and an electric one, the buzzer cut some skin chunks out which is why hes using pliers now. hes only giving permission to rip it off in one piece if he stops breathing out of his nose

Silent Movie
Jul 23, 2007
Acetone, perhaps? Of course, I've never intentionally poured acetone all over my face before...

I'd try ethanol then acetone before resorting to more drastic measures...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
If you rip it off film it.

Alf - Der Film
Oct 24, 2006

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

WAIT! Before you go to the hospital/dynamite it/put acid on it, draw a new mouth and goatee on it for him, and post pictures for maximum GBS Comedy mileage!

also add shoe on head to this ^^^

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Every time he says something, ask him "what" in an increasingly loud voice, then tell him that you can't hear him and that he should wait a second, you're going to just rip it off quick.

d0t-bat
Nov 15, 2005
Try warm water and vinegar.
Failing that, pull on it as much as possibly (he has to suck it up, and you owe him) use a small hair clipper and gently and slowly cut away the goatee from the plaster. When you cant reach any more goatee hair, try to break off some plaster.

Good luck.

Also: haha that is hilarious!

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Again, shave the sucker. If you have any small hair-trimming scissors, use that. Barring that, a razor blade would work only if the plaster is stuck on hair and not skin; otherwise, you're in for a shitload of blood and pain.

Oh, and while you're at it, he's got a zit on his left cheek. Grab that sucker too.

adamrobertt
May 13, 2006

by Ozma
Wow. That's quite a sticky situation.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Some of these are really funny ideas, but would obviously be quite painful for your unfortunate buddy. The best serious answer is to go the hospital.

But do this before you go:

draw a new mouth and goatee on it for him, and post pictures
The hospital staff will get a kick out of it, too.

vvv Try this first. vvv

Filthiest Alf
Jul 26, 2007

it would be spiteful to put jellyfish in a trifle
Googling turned up:

"A hot-water bottle held against a porous plaster will assist in
quickly removing it from the skin."

No mention of what you do if a goatee is involved, but this may make it easier to remove....slightly.

Curiouser
Aug 1, 2007

YOU WILL ELECT OBAMA OR I'LL MAKE YOU ALL SORRY
Rubbing alcohol, Vaseline and patience. Failing that, nair.

Edit: Rub Vaseline around the edges of his skin, so moving it'll be a little less painful. Soak a rag with rubbing alcohol and dab at the edges, trying to get it to soak under. Use those pliers CAREFULLY to nip away any plaster that lifts away from his skin.

Curiouser fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Nov 29, 2007

Hrimfax Machine
Oct 1, 2006

I agree with this. He was stupid enough to put plaster mold on his face while he still has facial hair, and I don't see why we shouldn't get a laugh out of it.

On a side note, you're either going to have to spen a poo poo load of time trying to break/crush it off, or shave him.

Gewn
Feb 5, 2001

by Lowtax
Why don't you try boiling water and having him sit over the steam?
Maybe come in contact plaster-first with the boiling water if you're careful enough?

What you really need to do is get the plaster warmer and have it expand so it can become moist again. At that point you might want to try acetone/nailpolish remover, if chipping away at the moist plaster doesn't work.

You could also make a really hot moist rag in the oven and try it that way.

Gewn fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Nov 29, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bexx
Sep 26, 2002
Have you tried working some liquid lube around it? Or even getting some conditioner in there to soak into the hairs? Using a small hammer with a thin stiff piece of something to protect his face? Nair? Where is the art major in all this? Why not call his professor to see if he has any tips or hints.

Seconding the draw a smile on it and post pics.