Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

wow awesome posted:

There was this one thread a few years ago where a goon for one reason or another received autographed photographs of some very random celebrity. He took pictures of himself admiring the photos and whatnot, but what I really remember is that this goon had AMAZING teeth, they were just perfect. Who was this goon with the lovely teeth? And who was the celebrity? And why did I think that thread was just hilarious?

goon is justin on fire, or justin_on_fire i forgot how its spelled.

??

Cage has a new favorite as of 00:40 on Dec 3, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danish Infidel
Jun 8, 2006

Too soon?
What happened to the Mspaint thread about 'rocket powered hobo propelled rocket hoboes' where everyone went insane with the words "rocket" and "hobo"? That didnt get goldmined? :(

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=7c15178d4cc8f3e10f33a45f1c1cc27c&threadid=2472116
Rocket hobo thread.

semon demon
Jul 31, 2006

Kristy posted:

Anyone remember last Christmas in BYOB some guy made some mp3s, carol of the bells but it was "look at that dog, that loving dog, it makes me laugh, laugh my butt off" and he did a bunch of others? I would LOVE those. Please and tankies!! Merry ho ho!

Carol of the BYOBs!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Kai was taken posted:

Is there an archived link to the lovely roommate thread?

If you are talking about the Martin Random one, yes it is in the archives.

Folks, you can also use the SAclopedia for a lot of this stuff. There's further info about the wheelchair girl thread, for example.

If you have an account, you can read the 'clopedia. It's really quite interesting to browse when the forums are slow.

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!
About a year and a half ago there was a thread in GBS filled with animated .gifs of goons dancing in their underwear. I recall the gifs being compiled into a video and set to a Billy Idol song, and then it just disappeared.

One of the most :psyduck: threads I've ever seen here.

res0
Nov 19, 2004

BYOB: AIDS slut techno party 1993
anyone have a link to that thread about the canadian homeless guy who had a mafia dad

someone's gotta know about this :smith:

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

res0 posted:

anyone have a link to that thread about the canadian homeless guy who had a mafia dad

someone's gotta know about this :smith:

Can't remember the name of the thread, username is Twiin though.

Kem Rixen
Aug 6, 2007

With this turnip I am become death, the destroyer of worlds!

Pancreas posted:

I'd really appreciate if anyone could find the thread (or at least the video) where two guys make fun of someone who posted a "Let's Play" about Super Mario 3 and hosed up in pretty much everything. It was absolutely hilarious, and I tried to find it on youtube or in here, but I had no success. If anyone remembers what I'm talking about, please let me see again one of the funniest things I ever saw.
Here it is:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8497866379218140748

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

RipVTide posted:

So through multiple hard drive crashes and such I've noticed that I've lost and can't find some old somethingawful images, because the old links are down, and the hard drives are borked. I'm guessing that I'm not the only one, so here's a thread for requesting and filling requests of old lost SA images/mp3s/goldmines/etc.

In a twist of irony, I'm interesting in getting something from you. Specifically, your famous animation from the JudoHobo thread. Through SAclopedia and other threads I've discovered that it is the hobo being the probe droid from Star Wars, but the thread in the archives is missing that image. (Which is about the worst image to miss, since every post after that is "OH MY GOD THAT'S THE AWESOMEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN 5 MANBABIES" which is really depressing when you can't see the goddamn image). Could you please post it here?

RipVTide
Jul 28, 2002

Run you jerk with an EYE FOR QUALITY you! Run!
Nap Ghost

Potato Alley posted:

In a twist of irony, I'm interesting in getting something from you. Specifically, your famous animation from the JudoHobo thread. Through SAclopedia and other threads I've discovered that it is the hobo being the probe droid from Star Wars, but the thread in the archives is missing that image. (Which is about the worst image to miss, since every post after that is "OH MY GOD THAT'S THE AWESOMEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN 5 MANBABIES" which is really depressing when you can't see the goddamn image). Could you please post it here?

In retrospect it wasn't really that amazing, I just got the ball rolling is all.

albedoa
May 3, 2004

I request this in every lost stuff thread, but nobody ever knows what I am talking about. There is an image with a large Tinker Toy being worshiped by a crowd surrounding it, and the members of the crowd have Tinker Toy tattoos and Tinker Toy shapes shaved into their heads. The last time I saw the picture must have been five years ago, and I don't know where it originated. Does anyone know what the gently caress I'm talking about? Better yet, does anyone have the pic?

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I followed the whole pimpsolo thing when it happened, but it looks like I missed the ending. Until looking at the SAopedia I didn't realize he went back a second time. Does anyone have a link to the second video? I don't have archives so I can't check the thread.

Dr. Bathroom
Dec 18, 2006

Master cylinder pants!
Does anyone remember that thread from this year that started out with the OP asking something and everyone refused to answer him, but instead ceaselessly quoted "Lisa Needs Braces... Dental Plan!"? What the hell did the guy actually want?

Ulalume
Mar 2, 2007

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead.
I need to re-read Day I Got Cookie and the other stories accompanying it. All I have is the SAclopedia, but it is not sufficient.

th1rdeye
Nov 18, 2004

He who arises in might
There is a goon whose custom title is something like "Ask me about crippling my girlfriend" or something. Someone offhandedly mentioned in a different thread that they wanted to know how that thread concluded. I had never saw the original thread but my morbid curiosity lead me to search for it. Couldn't find it. Does anyone have a link?

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Ulalume posted:

I need to re-read Day I Got Cookie and the other stories accompanying it. All I have is the SAclopedia, but it is not sufficient.

I took that as a request for it. Here you go!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2083009

Cichlid the Loach
Oct 22, 2006

Brave heart, Doctor.

monsieur fatso posted:

Whatever happened to the guy who was going to start pulling out his teeth because they were all rotting out, and he couldn't afford to see a dentist?

I think there might have been two of these. One of them, at least, was tutoring a college classmate of his, and in a heartwarming twist, that classmate's father just happened to be a dentist or dental surgeon. The father extracted the guy's diseased teeth and I think even got him dentures as "payment" for the guy tutoring his son.

I remember the guy writing that the dentist warned him that it would hurt, but pretty much the chronic pain was so bad already that the pain of extraction didn't even break through. All he felt was instant relief.

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
I jsut tried google searching but can't find the thread where we made NES style covers of music and put them up on tindeck. I have 2 new songs and dont want to start a new thread if I don't have to.

j_a_s_e
Oct 30, 2006
Anyone remember a thread where someone requested that people 'clean up' an image of his grandmother and late grandfather? It degenerated into some awesome images, including the grandfather being 'shopped into a vampire. Made me lose my poo poo at the time, but I cant find it now...

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
I've been looking for a images/pdf of Jer's parking ticket rebuttal. A request was posted in PYR but no one responded, and the original thread which has been goldmined has no working images.

Zeromus
Dec 11, 2004

Zero One posted:

Anyone know what happened to that CellHut guy?

This. I wanted to make a thread just like this for a couple weeks now asking what the outcome of this was. It was a great thread that practically bombed at the end. Thread was archieved with no conclusion. So Mr. cellhut.com guy, what happened?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Does anyone have the Billy West interview by gbs-fm. I thought I saved it but I can't find it anywhere.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

RipVTide posted:

"Maybe making a thread wasn't the best idea. It made me man-up and talk to her in the first place, which was good, but once the detectives struck I should have closed the thread and forgotten about it.

I wasn't too worried when someone posted my myspace profile, it was creepy and I didn't like it, but the offending post was edited and all was well. Or so I thought.

A few months later my wheelchair-bound friend had been hearing about myspace and how everbody had one, so she jumped on the bandwagon. I was among the first people who she added as a friend, and I accepted without much thought. Apparently some goon had still been monitoring my profile, even though I had closed the threads months ago. He figured out who she was and sent her several messages via myspace containing information about the forums, what I had done, and a stalkerish love note from him to her.

I died a little inside that day."

The thread that someone pointed Wheelie to also had a lot of speculation about her uncle actually being her father. drat. But that update is over a year old. Has Evil Agita said anything else? That thread really drew me and my friends into as it happened.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I remember the Evil Agita thread too. I'd always wondered how things wound up between he and her. Stalkers ruin everything.

I think there was a thread from about the same time about WWI photographs. One photograph was of the blast of a bomb or an artillery shell. The explosion killed the photographer, who was setting up the camera to photograph something else.

I bought archives access specifically to find that thread. I've tried different combinations of WWI, photograph, photographer, killed, blast, explosion, tripod, anything that could have conceivably been in the post or the thread. I still haven't found it.

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.

pillow pants posted:

I've been looking for a images/pdf of Jer's parking ticket rebuttal. A request was posted in PYR but no one responded, and the original thread which has been goldmined has no working images.

me too me too me too!!!!

Xankrys
Jul 26, 2006

Four Sheets to the Wind in Copenhagen
I (think) it's in the goldmine and not archived...

But what the hell was the thread with the "retarded man on death row" and was the photoshop thread with him dancing that thread, or one right after? (I think it was a different 'shop thread that had been started shortly after the thread with the "retarded man on death row" image was posted)

Zilla
Nov 14, 2005

can you see my nuts
I would like a link to the thread where they put random faces on household objects. The one that sticks out the most in my mind from that thread was the mattress that had the huge smile on it's face and was staring at your through a door and it was hilarious. I thought it got goldmined but I was unable to find it.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
There was a thread a long, long time ago that had one of the greatest essays I've ever read in it. The topic of the thread was Fantasy Island things you'd do, and about the 10th post down was an Adaptive Sytems post about what he would do with 80k. The whole thing was amazing, and I haven't been able to find it since I last read it.
I'm sure it's in the archives somewhere, but since I don't have that, I'm hoping someone has a .txt kicking around we could grab.

Anyone ever know what happened to Adaptive Systems? The guy was a genius.

Jey
Oct 26, 2004

In Which our Hero Posts on the Internet
This is more for the sake of reminiscing, but does anyone remember the "Have a family member draw Homer Simpson from memory" thread? I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.

People's dads were drawing horribly bad/hilarious pictures that looked nothing like Homer Simpson.

I've always hoped for some sort of reincarnation of it, but it hasn't happened yet. :(

magicfrog
Feb 27, 2006

Bufo alvarius

Pons posted:

Anyone ever know what happened to Adaptive Systems? The guy was a genius.

I don't know what happened to him but a year or so ago there was a "favourite forums quotes" thread and a third of the replies were Adaptive Systems quotes. If you're looking for more of his stuff you can try and dredge it up but I don't have archives though so I'm unable to link you to it :sigh:

Zilla posted:

I would like a link to the thread where they put random faces on household objects. The one that sticks out the most in my mind from that thread was the mattress that had the huge smile on it's face and was staring at your through a door and it was hilarious. I thought it got goldmined but I was unable to find it.

I don't have the full series but these were from the thread I believe you are talking about. And yes, it was goddamn hilarious.

As for my own request, I was wondering if anyone has the source image for this macro? I can't remember who posted it but the quote is from a TCC "don't post while high" thread if I recall correctly.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Does anyone have a link to the Flavor Country story? Did it get goldmined? It was written by a goon that was high on sinus medication or something and talked about sniffing highlighters and shovels.

It was the funniest essay I've ever read.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

j_a_s_e posted:

Anyone remember a thread where someone requested that people 'clean up' an image of his grandmother and late grandfather? It degenerated into some awesome images, including the grandfather being 'shopped into a vampire. Made me lose my poo poo at the time, but I cant find it now...

Holy poo poo, I actually made that. I have the image saved at home, i'll send you it if you like in a few days.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Zilla posted:

http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2166938

The mattress pics are gone though.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Jey posted:

This is more for the sake of reminiscing, but does anyone remember the "Have a family member draw Homer Simpson from memory" thread? I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.

People's dads were drawing horribly bad/hilarious pictures that looked nothing like Homer Simpson.

I've always hoped for some sort of reincarnation of it, but it hasn't happened yet. :(

http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1433244

Sadly again, many dead images.

Pagan Reagan
Dec 12, 2006
"I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting." Ronal Reagan

A student posted:

I remember the Evil Agita thread too. I'd always wondered how things wound up between he and her. Stalkers ruin everything.

I think there was a thread from about the same time about WWI photographs. One photograph was of the blast of a bomb or an artillery shell. The explosion killed the photographer, who was setting up the camera to photograph something else.

I bought archives access specifically to find that thread. I've tried different combinations of WWI, photograph, photographer, killed, blast, explosion, tripod, anything that could have conceivably been in the post or the thread. I still haven't found it.

Is this the one you were looking for? It's from WWII, actually.

orange crayon
Feb 22, 2007

Stupid
The first post I ever read on SA was some guy who had had braces for a ridiculous amount of time, seven years or something, and his teeth were rotting. I believe he posted pictures, but I don't remember. Anyone have a link?

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Some permabanned guy posted an SA thread generator back in 2003 and 2005 and it was the best thing ever, anyone save the link to it? Or the thread? Archives couldn't find anything

Daemoxx
Oct 20, 2007
[witty comment goes here]
There was a thread back in 01 or 02 where some guy posted a picture of himself in a horrible jacket he'd been given, and it turned into a photoshop thread.

Guy looked like an electric toothbrush.

Anyway, it was my first introduction to SA, been lurking ever since. It was goldmined then, I've tried going back and searching for it but I can't find the thread. Lost all my saved pictures of it with my old computer, too.

Anyone remember/know where to find this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuluene
Apr 23, 2005

Terrific!

Propaganda Bob posted:

About a year and a half ago there was a thread in GBS filled with animated .gifs of goons dancing in their underwear. I recall the gifs being compiled into a video and set to a Billy Idol song, and then it just disappeared.

One of the most :psyduck: threads I've ever seen here.

If I remember correctly, I think that FYAD found the thread, made their own thread making fun of it, then a mod sent it to the gas chamber because it had people in their underwear or some other reason.