Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Spinster posted:

I checked out the star wars 911 Photoshop thread in the Comedy Goldmine after I saw it referenced a bunch of times, it was great, but I enjoyed the Matrix Christmas one linked inside even more.

Was there ever a Dune themed Photoshop thread? I'm into the original series of books and always find stuff related to it hilarious. If there was, please let this old lady know.

I want to say there was one based on the Dune movie tie-in coloring book, since I know of no other explanation for this picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

I'm trying to find a collection of really weird MSPaint art from 4chan(?); I saw it on Tumblr a while ago with comments implying that it went around years ago. It was based somewhat on the Bible, primarily the book of Revelation(s), and had lots of cryptic references to Bible verses (e.g. a digital clock with the brandname John and time 3:16, that sort of thing, except the verses cited were generally ominous and violent in nature). There was one picture with four carousel horses of different colors (alluding to the four horsemen), and another with a pair of conjoined twin leopard-women with a bunch of heads and crowns, apparently representing one of the symbolic beasts that appear in the Bible. The style was a bit like a messier version of this (that's what reminded me of it actually), very crowded and garishly colorful. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

SerialKilldeer posted:

I'm trying to find a collection of really weird MSPaint art from 4chan(?); I saw it on Tumblr a while ago with comments implying that it went around years ago. It was based somewhat on the Bible, primarily the book of Revelation(s), and had lots of cryptic references to Bible verses (e.g. a digital clock with the brandname John and time 3:16, that sort of thing, except the verses cited were generally ominous and violent in nature). There was one picture with four carousel horses of different colors (alluding to the four horsemen), and another with a pair of conjoined twin leopard-women with a bunch of heads and crowns, apparently representing one of the symbolic beasts that appear in the Bible. The style was a bit like a messier version of this (that's what reminded me of it actually), very crowded and garishly colorful. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

(Explanation, sorta)

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Does anyone remember a thread where I think a guy was scared to go outside because of praying mantises? There was an MS paint someone made of him looking out of his house window with a bunch of them all over his car. Does anyone have that picture?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SerialKilldeer posted:

he was trying to pee into a bottle (he referred to "my pee bottle" as if this was a totally normal thing to do).

I lived with a roommate who had pee bottles in his room. It was weird because for everywhere else he would take hours to groom and look immaculate but his room was filled with like multiple pee bottles that he was too lazy to empty at all times. he got pissed at me once when I told him to get rid of them and he angrily threatened to pour them on me like he was the worst batman villain imaginable

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Aesop Poprock posted:

I lived with a roommate who had pee bottles in his room. It was weird because for everywhere else he would take hours to groom and look immaculate but his room was filled with like multiple pee bottles that he was too lazy to empty at all times. he got pissed at me once when I told him to get rid of them and he angrily threatened to pour them on me like he was the worst batman villain imaginable

This is mental illness, right? Tell me this is mental illness.

I just can't understand pee bottling in circumstances where people have access to a functional toilet. Is it really just video games?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I’m looking for one of the old goon compilation albums. I’m pretty sure it was for Valentine’s Day one year and has a track called “The Sun and the Moon” or something similar. This would have been probably 10 years ago or so.

Any ideas?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Antivehicular posted:

This is mental illness, right? Tell me this is mental illness.

The short answer is yes. the long answer is yeeeeeeesssssss

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Aesop Poprock posted:

Perfect post/av combo

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Hot

I would have mayonnaised the fucker's shoes and doorknob.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Hot

I would have mayonnaised the fucker's shoes and doorknob.

We were actually fine most of the time but I did rear naked choke him unconscious once when he tried to fight me. I've not even skilled at fighting but he had the worst grappling and ground game of all time. A light wind could have taken him down

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Aesop Poprock posted:

We were actually fine most of the time but I did rear naked choke him unconscious once when he tried to fight me. I've not even skilled at fighting but he had the worst grappling and ground game of all time. A light wind could have taken him down

omg rear naked chokeout lmao fantastic

Dingwick
May 3, 2007

This is always the highlight of my day.
Please tell me someone saved the YOUGAY videos.

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/yougay/1/

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Aesop Poprock posted:

I have so many boners

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Dingwick posted:

Please tell me someone saved the YOUGAY videos.

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/yougay/1/

Noooooo they were working ~a year ago

The first was an edit of My mine - Hypnotic Tango

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I have so many boners

"i have twelve boners!"
- but teach, how though?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I have so many boners

I'm telling this story specifically for this reaction

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
A number (1-10ish) of years ago, there were a couple of threads where Goons used an online superhero creator (or creators) to make superheroes of their own divising. I remember some of them being really, really funny. I am sure all the images are dead, but does anyone know what happened to those threads?

Also, repeat the above, but with motivational posters instead of superheroes.

Also, motivational posters for superheroes.

Also, ^^ for supervillains.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

A number (1-10ish) of years ago, there were a couple of threads where Goons used an online superhero creator (or creators) to make superheroes of their own divising. I remember some of them being really, really funny. I am sure all the images are dead, but does anyone know what happened to those threads?

Also, repeat the above, but with motivational posters instead of superheroes.

Also, motivational posters for superheroes.

Also, ^^ for supervillains.

http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/terrible-superheroes/1/

http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/awful-superheroes/1/

http://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/libertarian-heroism-scribbles/1/

?

Unmature
May 9, 2008
There was a Star Wars questions thread like ten years ago. Anyone remember it? Is it still somewhere?

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Probably 10 years ago, someone posted a link or a picture of a World of Warcraft mug/stein. I do not remember what the original topic of the thread was. Might have been about the mug or it might have been some random show your most recent purchase. Not sure. I am pretty sure it was in GBS.

Someone replied with very sad dressing fan fiction of the kind of person who would buy this cup.

Fiction ended with something similar to "This is your life when you buy this cup"

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Powaqoatse posted:

omg rear naked chokeout lmao fantastic

av checks out

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Jikes posted:

av checks out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxnNGxXajrI

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Those are not the ones, but they are of a similar theme. The ones I’m thinking of where generated by online tools, and not hand drawn. Thank you for linking those though.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The Forums search is useless :cripes: Can someone help me find the goon edit of a few Comics panels, that had another goon edit of Darkseid's speech wherein he was santa? The only line I remember is "WHEN I CHECK THE LIST TWICE, TO SEE WHO IS NAUGHTY OR NICE, IT IS WITH SIX BILLION EYES!"

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
I think this is it - it was reposted in BSS' December chat thread:

Vincent posted:

Alternate ending:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That's it exactly! Thank you!

Pen Express
Sep 23, 2009
Anyone remember the set of videos of a guy who lived in a trailer? Or something of that nature, of Norwegian descent, who made disgusting food and would chop up vegetables with his teeth?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

masaokis?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Also search for "cooking with hoarders"

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

Does anyone have the "Read the Thread" banner ad gif? I can't even remember the last time I saw it, but it's been a dog's age.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I saw an edit of the :yikes: smilie where the guy shrugs and keeps walking and whistling instead of backing out. Anyone have that?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
I saw a series of comics drawn by a goon, one of which was Calvin grown up and in a relationship where the Hobbes is just a stuffed tiger. Can't find it now...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rust Martialis posted:

I saw a series of comics drawn by a goon, one of which was Calvin grown up and in a relationship where the Hobbes is just a stuffed tiger. Can't find it now...

these two hot c&h takes i remember from the forums

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
Ages ago somebody on here posted a cover of Gin n Juice but he was doing it as Ted Koppel and he was doing a drat good Ted Koppel impression, I cannot for the life of me remember who or where the hell I can find it!

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Furnok Dorn posted:

Ages ago somebody on here posted a cover of Gin n Juice but he was doing it as Ted Koppel and he was doing a drat good Ted Koppel impression, I cannot for the life of me remember who or where the hell I can find it!

I don’t remember that being posted here, but this is the first result from Google.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dFNddciqPPk

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Was there a thread dedicated to horrifying advice from /r/legaladvice, or am I misremembering?

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I saw an edit of the :yikes: smilie where the guy shrugs and keeps walking and whistling instead of backing out. Anyone have that?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Rust Martialis posted:

Krankenstyle posted:

these two hot c&h takes i remember from the forums

There's also Hobbes and Bacon, which isn't SA-based but SOOOO good. (And suddenly the first strip is oddly relevant, despite the comics now being 7 years old.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

There's also Hobbes and Bacon, which isn't SA-based but SOOOO good. (And suddenly the first strip is oddly relevant, despite the comics now being 7 years old.)

Calvin and Hobbes was so good, so good, so good. You know how good it was? It was so good that even the knockoffs, fan-continuations, and tribute comics tend to be good. That’s how loving good Calvin and Hobbes was. It was so good, it created a working system of trickle-down comicnomics.