Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme
Real throwback here, does anyone have a copy of the old :ultramon: smiley? It was a version of :monocle: that fell into a million pieces, I kinda miss it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme
renewing my request for the old :ultramon: smiley if anyone has it

Useful Distraction posted:

It was a version of :monocle: that fell into a million pieces, I kinda miss it.

also: there was an old photoshop phriday or comedy goldmine or somehing about intentionally low-quality Star Wars photoshops. Similar to Lord of the Rings: ON THE GO!. Like, just poorly cut-and-pasted, with barely-readable text and such. It was made after Episode III (I definitely remember General Grievous photoshops) and I think was before I registered, which would narrow it down to 2005, but I can't find it unless it had an unintuitive title. Would love to see it again.

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme
if anyone cares, I found the old :ultramon: smiley and a bunch of other discontinued smileys here.

repeating this request I still have:

Useful Distraction posted:

there was an old photoshop phriday or comedy goldmine or somehing about intentionally low-quality Star Wars photoshops. Similar to Lord of the Rings: ON THE GO!. Like, just poorly cut-and-pasted, with barely-readable text and such. It was made after Episode III (I definitely remember General Grievous photoshops) and I think was before I registered, which would narrow it down to 2005, but I can't find it unless it had an unintuitive title. Would love to see it again.

something else I just remembered: there used to be a goon with a red title that said "the crows ate all my sorghum! how will my family make it through the cruel winter months?" Anyone remember who that was and if there was a real story behind it? it always made me laugh to imagine like an angry farmer posting about sorghum.

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme
Somewhat related, there used to be a "ruin a movie ending" thread ages ago, and someone re-uploaded one for the Shawshank Redemption that I still remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EJdxTTwi7Y

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme

Sputnik posted:

Back in like 2005 or whenever, when it was still hip to splice sound quotes together in compromising ways, some enterprising goon took the voice from the LucasArts' Indiana Jones games and made a lewd audio recording of Indy getting his gently caress on. God knows the context, but all I remember is the phrase "Smells like...used motor oil."

What are the odds that one of you dapper folks has that mp3 laying around?

Oh man I still randomly remember parts of this, like the way he says "be-LOW me" so after reading this I had to hunt them down. There was one for Grim Fandango as well, both from a 2004 GBS thread (there was a front page article but the mp3 links are down and I couldn't find the original thread in the GBS Graveyard or Goldmine). Anyway after some googling it turns out someone put both of them on youtube.

(don't listen at work unless you work from home I guess)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnH6gxxsVBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YihIROZoQo

(I'm pretty sure I still have the original files on some hard-drive in my parent's house so maybe I'll look for them next time I visit)