Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franziska Von Karma
Apr 2, 2007
There's no need for foolish outcries from foolishly foolish fools.
Okay, this may be a crazy question, but hopefully I won't be laughed out of the thread for it. We've had a cute black kitty hanging around our yard/fields lately (my house is surrounded by fields), and my mom and I have been putting food out for him. (We think he might be living in one of our abandoned outbuildings - or she does, anyway.)

I tried to approach him once or twice while making enticing noises, but he ran away - my mom claims to have gotten as close to a few feet away while he's been eating. Does anybody have any tips to try to get the cat more adjusted to people (i.e., me)?

I actually haven't seen him for four or five days now, but I'm hoping that's more because the weather is really lovely, and not because he's gotten torn apart by coyotes or hit by a car or something. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franziska Von Karma
Apr 2, 2007
There's no need for foolish outcries from foolishly foolish fools.

Myok posted:

Here's why I stopped leaving food out overnight:

Haha, we had skunks living around our house last summer (possibly in a brushpile). They would trot up the driveway in the morning, right around the same time my mom went out for her morning jog.

And, yeah, we've mostly been putting food out during the day. The woods and fields nearby contain all kinds of fun critters (one of the reasons why our cat stays in at night).

Thanks for the towel idea, I'll have to try that the next time the cat shows up.