Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spectral Elvis
Jul 23, 2007

I need some rabbit rehoming advice. I had two female rabbits approx. 4 years old, both unneutered. Recently one of them died and the remaining rabbit is obviously very lonely now her playmate has gone. I've decided it's better I get her rehomed somewhere with other rabbits rather than find her a new friend.

What I could really use help understanding is what kind of home I need to find, as I understand rabbits can be a fair bit fickle socially. Is it best if I get her neutered first? Is it possible to introduce a female to other females without a fight, and so on? if she was neutered would she be fine with a neutered male? The only thing I am certain about is that she is not keen on any form of petting, so certainly not suitable for children.

There are local rescue centres who can help with introductions, but owing to the current circumstances that's about as far as they'll go. I should mention also that I live in an area that is hugely superstitious about rabbits to the point you simply don't say the 'R' word (wish I was joking!), so it's likely I'll need to look a bit further afield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU