Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Quick question: My family's 5 year old (approaching 6) boxer just had surgery on his right knee for a torn ACL. From what I understand, instead of replacing the tendon or what have you, they clean it out, and then re-shape the bones in the knee joint so they fit together smugly instead of causing a slipping force when pressure is applied. There is a fancy name for this, but I can't think of it at the moment. Anyway, my question is: will Winston the boxer have full use of his leg afterwards? I know he'll be down for 6 weeks but I'm hoping he'll be fully healthy afterwards.

Right now he's hopped up on prilosec :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
This is kind of a stupid question, but I haven't seen a post about it (I hope this isn't a really common thing :ohdear:), but what is the PI opinion on Cesar Milan? As an outside observer he seems like a magician, but the power of editing...

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
So I just payed petPlan 80 dollars a month for 10 months just so they could deny my cats ACL tear treatment because they dont cover "cruciate ligament injuries" for 6 months after you start a policy. Because of course.

Is there a single solitary insurance company that is not horseshit

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Honestly when my cat tore his ACL I was like, "well at least this will be easy to approve, there's no way to extort insurance with that, it's the definition of a freak injury."

Hahah psyche bitch we aint covering that