Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

vikingstrike posted:

Any tips on how to hold down your cat while you clip her nails? I got one paw and one nail on a second paw done before she just about killed me.

Wrap him tightly in a towel & just pull out one paw at a time. But, I think it's easier to just do one paw a night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

I can get him to take the antibiotic OK, it's my friend I'm worried about. I guess what I'm worried about is if my friend doesn't succeed in getting my cat to take the antibiotic for the last 3 days of the prescription if there's a chance of infection or whatever.

Yes, there is a chance of re-infection if you don't finish the antibiotics. Would you stop taking antibiotics without completing the entire course?

Have you called your vet's office to see if any of the vet techs do pet sitting on the side? This is a really good option, especially for a semi-last minute trip. Then you wouldn't have to worry about your kitty not getting the proper care.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink
I had the exact same problem last year. You can't trust that the meds from 1-800-petmeds are good. The package you got may have been expired or very near the expiration date. I would either reapply the frontline or switch to Advantage. Also, don't buy from 1-800-petmeds again. Their prices aren't any lower than buying your meds from Petsmart or your vet.

If you want to buy online, use Drs Foster & Smith.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

maplecheese posted:

Your dog has been refusing to eat or drink normally since last WEEK. You need to take her to the vet.

Quoting for emphasis. If she normally scarfs her food down & now will barely touch it, there is something wrong. You need to take her to the vet.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

CommunistMojo posted:

I'm pretty sure I saw a post about this somewhere on PI once but I couldn't find it and no archives/search so I have to ask, whats the preferred method of cleaning a dogs ears?

I use an ear-cleaning solution that I get at the vet's office. Squirt some solution in & rub the ear together. Then let the dog shake it out & dry with a soft cloth.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

scorch posted:

I have a 1 and a half year old, 5lb male maltese who was recently boarded for several days and then received grooming (his second time) last Thursday morning. Since then, he has been sniffling and occasionally will cough(?) repeatedly (almost sounds like a deep wheeze that continues for about 6 seconds). He is up to date on all vaccines and as far as I know (he's a shelter dog)has nothing of interest in his medical history. I am familiar with collapsed trachea and am beginning to become concerned that he is developing it, although it's strange that he hasn't done it as frequently in the past (maybe once a week). I think I am concerned that he has some kind of respiratory infection that is causing both symptoms, and was wondering if anyone finds any of this familiar and can reccomend something for my little guy :(. Thanks.

That sounds like kennel cough. Take him to the vet to get checked out!

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

scorch posted:

That seems accurate; the day I picked him up he was lethargic and really seemed to want to sleep all day. His energy is back to normal at this point and he's eating and drinking regularly but still has that cough and a runny nose. Thanks for your help, I'm going to call his vet tomorrow.

e; I got a postcard today from his vet's office stating he would be due for Bordetella booster on April 8. I bet there was a gap between the effective period of the vaccine and he contracted it.

Yeah, there's a debate over how long the vaccine is actually effective. Cambria is on a 6-month schedule because she goes to daycare & the groomers regularly. You might want to talk to your vet about getting him vaccinated twice a year if he regularly goes to the groomer.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

MoCookies posted:

3 months should be a pretty good age to start, especially since flea season is starting. I would warn you that I wasted a lot of time and money trying out various OTC stuff (to save time and money going to the vet), and ended up with an even bigger flea problem, so I recommend just starting with the good stuff from the beginning.

I would recommend either Advantage or Frontline Plus. Those two have seemed to work the best for all the dogs in my family. Just stay away from Promeris; it's a new flea med that has been causing some strange side effects (lethargy & excessive drooling for example).

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Search is down, so I'll give this question a go in this here thread.

Anyone have any experience with pet water fountains? Vet recommended we get one for our two cats, since the one has FLUTD problems. There seems to be a wealth of choices on the market. Looking for cheap price and durability first, silence second.

Would be happy to take recommendations for brands and online vendors.

I've been using the Drinkwell Platinum Fountain since November & I really like it. Both my cat & dog drink out it and I only have to refill the tank once a week. Cleaning isn't a huge deal, I'd say it takes about 10 minutes to wash the parts by hand. But if you're really lazy, you can put most of it in the dishwasher. My cat likes drinking out of the falling water, while my dog just drinks out of the bowl.

I've only had it for 5 months, but I haven't had any problems yet.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

RazorBunny posted:

We've trimmed Charlie's before with no problems. I'd recommend getting some really sharp nail scissors or the kind of clippers designed for animal claws, though - we used regular nail clippers and they split the tips of his claws a little bit. Didn't hurt him, and he wore them down smooth pretty fast, but I felt bad. He was clicking too.

Be careful, though. Charlie's really laid-back and tolerant, and even though he doesn't like having his feet touched he didn't really struggle or anything. Some cats would probably scratch your face off.

I recommend the kitty burrito technique, where you wrap the cat in a towel & pull out just the leg you're working on. Cat's nails clip really easily, just make sure not to cut too short.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

girlscoutdropout posted:

It just disturbed me that the vet didn't even look at her teeth, just how big she was. Is this common practice?

When I took a stray kitty to the vet, she used his teeth to guess his age. Since teeth come in at pretty predictable times, I would find it strange that your vet wouldn't use that as a guide.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Solenos posted:

Are cat flea collars dangerous? They use chemicals and I dont feel comfortable with them in the house around my food, especially with a cat running around everywhere. This is important since im thinking about buying a new cat the last cat i had was eight years go.

Flea collars don't work. You don't need to worry about them leaching chemicals since you won't even buy them :)

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Citizen Insane posted:

Also, does anyone still have the link to that great pet tags site where you could engrave one side with the name and the other with what essentially amounted to the animal's custom title? I know it was in a thread awhile back, but I don't have Archives, so if anyone knows what I'm talking about ...

I think you got skipped over. The site is http://www.boomerangtags.com/

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Regnevelc posted:

Ugh, Gilbert is having issues with two dogs in my apartment complex now, yay!

Gilbert is fine with 95% of dogs that he has been around, playing, wrestling, having fun. Gilbert is slightly aggressive when he plays (could I be egging this on somehow?), but never has gone out after a dog. Well he did today, the neighbor always keeps their dogs off leash and a Doberman puppy ALWAYS runs up to Gilbert, could this be causing Gilbert to go defensive and growl and jump at the other dog? It drives me nuts, beacuse 95% Gilbert is not like this. He goes to doggie daycare every now and again with zero issues. Any help would be totally appreciated.

Is Gilbert on his leash when the puppy runs up at him? A lot of dogs will be more defensive when they're on-leash, especially if there are off-leash dogs running up to them. Cambria is the exact same way. At daycare she is great with other dogs, but when she's with me on leash she can be very defensive.

I don't have a solution for you....just wanted to let you know you're not alone. Honestly, the guy who lets his puppy run around off-leash is the one who has a problem.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Daefea posted:

Does anyone know how to clean 4 week old kittens? Im fostering a litter of them and the mom doesn't seem to be very attentive to cleaning them. They've just learned to poop, but haven't learned the cleaning necessary afterwards. The one long-haired kitten is especially bad. I've tried cutting off the worst of the bits, but he's so tiny and won't stay still. Baby wipes don't seem to really work either. Any ideas for cleaning them up?

Maybe a warm, wet washcloth? It would have more "grip" to get out any gunk left behind.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

VikingKitten posted:

It's not him, it's you. WATCH YOUR DOG. Learn his body language. He does *something*, some tiny thing, that indicates that he needs to pee. You've got some amount of time - 5 seconds, 30 seconds, two minutes - to react and let him know that you're getting ready to take him out.

Cambria's signal is to walk up her couch-stairs & stare at me or nose my arm. She doesn't make it onto the couch, just stands there on her stairs until I take her out.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

KilGrey posted:

When I took my cat to be spayed a few weeks ago they told me she had a tape worm. I waited until the spaying ordeal was over to give her the tape worm pill as she wasn't eating and wanted to wait until she felt a bit better. I've given to her and was wondering, if my cat had a tape worm, what are the chances of my dog having one as well? I understand the tape work process, a flea ingests a tape worm egg and my cat at said flea. I asked the vet tech last night when I got my cats stitches out and didn't really get a clear answer. I've been trying to pay attention when my dog pooped but I haven't noticed anything.

Your dog is probably okay, as long as he hasn't been eating cat poop. If he had a tape worm, there would be what looks like little pieces of rice around his butt & on his bed. Giving him a dewormer won't hurt him though & it's cheap peace of mind.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Silly Hippie posted:

edit: wait, what the gently caress, I could have sworn she was saying the dog can't poop and now she's saying she's having a hard time peeing and she thinks it's a bladder infection. Well, my question still stands I guess, but somehow this sounds worse...

edit AGAIN: her cousin just mentioned that the dog seems to be peeing in the house more too. She WAS housebroken until recently.

That poor dog. Bladder/urinary tract infections are incredibly painful for people. I can't even imagine how awful it must be for a dog that can't rationalize where the pain is coming from. Can't you just play on their emotions & explain how much it hurts to feel like you constantly have to pee???

And honestly, a visit for a urinalysis, some antibiotics & pain meds shouldn't run more than a $100-150. If they let it go on, the dog will most likely die of a kidney infection. Do they really want to let their dog die because of a simple uti?

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Hellblazer187 posted:

I've got a pet question!

I've been putting advantage flea control for cats under 8 pounds on my cats every month. However, it only seems to eliminate the fleas for about 2 weeks. I haven't weighted my cats, so they may be over 8 lbs.

Last month, I put it on them on the 10th. They seem itchy today so I'd like to put some on them now. It obviously hasn't been a full month. Is there a danger if I put it on them five days earlier than the full month?

It shouldn't cause them any problems to apply it 5 days early, however, there's something else going on here that is causing it to not work effectively.

Where do you live? Are you in a flea-infested area? In the continental US, you shouldn't be having such a big flea problem right now unless you live in Florida or something.

Where are you getting the Advantage? If you're buying it online you may have gotten expired or counterfeit meds.

Are you doing anything to control the flea population inside & outside your home? Since it seems that you have indoor/outdoor cats you need to do something to kill the fleas in their environment. Just treating the cats won't keep the fleas off properly.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Hellblazer187 posted:

I do live in Florida. They are indoor only. I haven't done anything for the apartment but I will get a flea bomb next Friday. I get the advantage from a pet store that the vet recommended.

I just combed them and that gets rid of 5-10 fleas each so they feel better. Getting a flea bomb is a hassle because the apartment management won't let us do it ourselves, and their guy can only come Friday mornings when my wife is at work and I've got class. I'll figure something out, hopefully I can get them to come at like noon next Friday.

Before you get the apartment bombed, please try the PI method of flea reduction.

1. Vacuum every single square inch of flooring (under the sofa & bed too because fleas like the dark), all upholstered furniture, and your mattress.

2.Wash your bedding & the cats' beds if you can in hot water.

3. Sprinkle borax powder on the carpet & in between the cushions on your sofa. Use a broom to work it into the carpet fibers. Borax will make the fleas dry up, but won't harm you or the cats. Let it sit overnight. Borax is usually packed as "20 Mule Team" & is with the powder laundry detergents.

4. Repeat the vacuuming again the next day. Be sure to immediately empty the vacuum & take the bag to the dumpster.

5. Continue to vacuum thoroughly & you should see the fleas go away. I know it's hard to get rid of fleas when you live somewhere that doesn't get a hard freeze. But you can do it without spraying chemicals everywhere.

Oh, and diatomaceous earth is another flea-busting staple, but I have never used it so I can't give advice there. The food-grade is completely safe & won't harm your kitties should they accidentally ingest some.

/edit/And talk to your vet about other options. I'm not sure what all there is for cats, but I put my dog on a heartworm preventative that also had a flea-growth inhibitor (Sentinel) when I was having extreme issues with fleas.

GoreJess fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 5, 2008

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

dphi posted:

I'm sure this has been covered many times before, but what's the recommended flea medication for dogs nowadays? I'm reading conflicting reviews of Frontline, Advantage, and Revolution.

There's a handy little chart here that shows you the differences. It doesn't include Revolution, because you need a prescription to get it (because of the heartworm meds).

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Chaco posted:

FIV isn't commonly vaccinated for, but escapes are something to consider when deciding which vaccines to do. As for boarding, I think the most important one is the respiratory one, since those viruses are more contagious, but it may depend on the specific facility as to whether they want the rest.

The other thing to consider is that when you take your cat to the vet, she'll be around other cats in the waiting room. What if one of those cats is FIV+ and your cat isn't vaccinated? Honestly, it's usually better to be safe when considering whether or not to vaccinate. The vast majority of animals don't have vaccine reactions.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

RazorBunny posted:

If one of the other cats at the vet is FIV+ there is next to no chance your cat will get it because FIV is transmitted through deep bite wounds or from mother to kitten.

I think I got my vaccines confused, sorry. Either way, the guy needs to get his cat vaccinated for rabies at the very least.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

aunt moneybags posted:

Great, thanks. She'll be going in later this week.

Wait a second, later this week??? If your cat has a UTI, she is most likely in some serious pain. Call your vet back & get an appointment for today. If she has an infection, she'll be put on antibiotics & might get a low-dose pain killer to ease the "oh my god it burns all the time" feeling. They will not necessarily put her on a prescription food unless she continues to develop infections.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Authentic Jams and Jellies posted:

I received a Greenies dental chew sample for my dog today, and as much as I'd love to give it to her, I don't think it'd be a great idea. She doesn't chew on things so much as she tries to inhale them. When she gets the thing in her mouth, she'll chew on it for a minute until she works the chew into a vertical position and tries to inhale the whole thing. Am I (or the dog, rather) just out of luck? Or is it that she's behaving normally, and I'm freaking out over nothing?

Sorry, Greenies are not the treat for you. They really need to be chewed up, not swallowed whole. Some dogs will not be able to digest them if not chewed properly, leading to fun intestinal blockages!

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi posted:

I've been reading a lot of threads in PI lately that talk about giving task-oriented dogs a "job" to do. What exactly do they mean? I have a 5-month old Beagle named Henry and I want to give him mental exercise in addition to physical exercise, so what kind of "jobs" can a Beagle puppy do?

Since beagles are scent hounds, you could hide his food & treats around the house & let him sniff them out.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Bad Sandwiches posted:

Does anyone have any good recommendations on winter gear for dogs? I like to take my dog on runs but the combo of ice, cold and salt takes it toll on his paws. The boots on Petsmart seem to get pretty lovely user reviews but I haven't found much else.

The guy in this thread had success with Muttluks boots.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

trigger posted:

We just adopted a dog from the local humane society, and she loves the rope/tug toy. Her obedience class starts in a week, but I forgot to ask her new trainer about the tug toy. People seem pretty divided on the subject.

What are the general thoughts on playing tug o war with your dog? Should I work on release commands with her while playing? We need to work on release commands either way (she never wants to give up the frisbee), but I was just curious about the opinions around here...

Playing tug-of-war will not turn your dog into a vicious baby killer, like some people would like you to believe. It is a great way to teach the 'drop it' or 'leave it' command. As long as you always have control of the game, there's nothing wrong with tugging on some rope.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

randomity posted:

Edit: I'm also pretty sure that is Solana in that picture but I'd have to go back to Cathis's dogshow thread to be completely positive.

Hey quote is not edit

Yes, Solana was Clover's handler for the show. Every time I see Clover on tv I get all excited.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

VyperRDH posted:

So I was petting Elwing and she did th typical "cat turns and sticks her rear end in owners face" move and I see something that does not belong. Its a flat, short, white worm. When it streches out its about 1/2 inch. Obviously I will be taking her to the vet. Would a OTC dewormer work? She is an indoor only cat, 8 months old, fed solid gold, and I have two other cats in the house. I hadn't noticed worms in the poo while cleaning the litter box. Any idea what it could be? What are the chances that my other two cats have worms too?

Edit: I think its tapeworm. She was infested with fleas when I got her from the shelter (July 08). The vet treated her for the fleas, and she was given a dose of dewormer. Maybe that one dose wasn't enough. Is it possible she has had them that long?

I would just wait & pick up dewormer from the vet on Monday. OTC dewormers don't always work & the one from the vet isn't any more expensive.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

BOOTY PIRATE posted:

picking up a basset puppy friday. our crate was outside a while and is a bit rusty, is that bad for the dog? if so, any recommendations to remove ther ust?

The real question here is, am I getting my puppy from the right person? Are you purchasing from a breeder or adopting from the shelter? If from a breeder, is this person a responsible breeder?

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

BOOTY PIRATE posted:

a rescue, brood to be exact, get all of our bassets (usually seniors) from them

Sorry if I came off all pissy. Just wanted to make sure before you came home with an overpriced poorly-bred puppy.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

HyperGlitter posted:

So, my cat (~2 years) seems to have clusters of bumps along her backside. My first thought would be fleas, except I've already battled them with her before, she's been Advantaged up, and I can't find any fleas or eggs when I brush her. She's not itching excessively but it seems to be more than normal. One cluster near her tail is particularly large and almost scabby, and it seems like it's painful to the touch since she licks herself if I touch it. We recently had to move her to a new place, but that was 2 weeks ago, and she doesn't seem to be excessively licking herself or have stress-induced scratching, but that could be it (even though she has some bumps on the back of her neck where I don't think she could reach her mouth). My gut still says fleas, but is there any allergic reaction or skin condition that could be verified by a vet visit, or is my best bet just to wait and see if they go away?

My dog had an allergic reaction that involved a bunch of bumps on her back. It was from lamb of all things, one of the foods that's supposedly good for allergies.

Of course, it's always best to see a vet if strange bumps appear.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Dandy Cat posted:

She is doing very well with the crate. I stick her in there when I go to work and my boyfriend lets her out when he gets home from work and takes her for a walk. I put her in the crate and give her treats and toys. Basically here is the scenario: I take her outside for a walk, usually in the morning when I get up, boyfriend walks her when he gets home from work, and I walk her before I go to bed. Yesterday for example, she went outside 4 times and she peed on all 4 passes. Then, as soon as she gets back inside, she poops on the floor. She pooped twice yesterday on my carpet, not in the same spot, but twice. I should also mention that she is a year and a half old, so I didn't think I needed to take her out every couple of hours.

You probably just need to stay outside with her, walking or playing, until she does poop. Eventually, she will poop & when she does you give her praise like she just cured cancer. Seriously, make pooping the most awesome thing ever & she'll want to go outside. Treats will also probably help since pugs are so food motivated.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Helanna posted:

I'm even more leaning towards it now, since my step brothers cats went missing for a while (his cats are allowed outside) and they eventually discovered that some woman up the road had taken them in and kept them inside because they didn't have collars and she didn't take them to get a microchip scanned; she assumed they were unwanted/abandoned cats. It's just lucky that my step brother saw them and asked what the hell the woman was doing with his missing cats :-/

This is exactly why your wife needs to let you put collars on your cats. Not everyone is going to think "I should take this cute kitty that wandered into my yard to the vet. Surely he has a microchip!" :science:

Plus, there are some really cute collars out there:

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

drchipotle posted:

My scottie dog has been scratching at his muzzle and the underside of his neck for a few weeks. It looks like he has little red scabs and is loosing hair in the area that itches. How likely is it that this is mange? Are there any treatments/shampoos I can pick up at Petsmart? Money is tight and I'd like to avoid a vet trip if possible but I dont want this to get worse or him to suffer.

edit: i have two scotties and the other seems to be un affected.

edit 2: i went to the vet and it's pyroderma.

Glad you went to the vet. Did your vet discuss any of the reasons why the pyroderma would have started up? From what I can gather, it's usually caused by allergies, which scotties tend to have a problem with.

What food is he on? Is this something that happens seasonally? You don't want to just treat the infection without treating the underlying cause, because it will probably just come back once he starts scratching at it again.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

drchipotle posted:

My vet sucks. I think i'm being nickel and dimed at every turn. Every time i suggest something she takes it as carte blanche to run a test for it. I mentioned mange, and she said that typically happens only to puppies, but did a skin scraping anyway. I asked if topical antiboitics were necessary and holy poo poo she is going to send me home with a bottle (i told the vet tech i already had some and gave it back before check out). They charged me $25 to shave his muzzle where the rash was. Total cost with scraping, shaving, antibiotic shot and oral antibiotics: $169.

This is the first occurrence. He is 2 years old. They are both on on Innova EVO red meat. Not something I would think would cause allergies, but who knows. Maybe he got into something. I also heard this may be caused by hormone imbalances or something more sinister, so I'm a bit worried at the moment.

I also found out the fat gently caress is 35lbs, 5 overweight.

pix because why not:

The black one is Dexter, with the skin infection. The white one is Zoey.

First of all, your dogs are gorgeous. Secondly, allergies can start up at any time. It's probably not the food (great choice by the way!). But it could be that he's developed some seasonal allergies. Last fall, my scottie had some seasonal allergy issues that she's never had before, but they were easily treated with antihistamines until the pollen counts went down. If he does start scratching again after treatment, you need to look into stopping whatever is making him itchy. Also, if you're not comfortable with your vet, go somewhere else. There's no reason to stick with someone that doesn't seem to have your best interests in mind.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Joker23 posted:

Anyone recognize this pretty girl's ancestry?

Cell phone pic my wife took at the shelter:

Click here for the full 604x483 image.

Picture from the shelter website that made me go to meet her:

I see a scottie mix....Her snout is definitely to long to be cairn. She also has the big bat ears that are very scottie like. The overall proportions are a little off (snout a tad too short, ears a tad too small, legs way too long) but I believe scottie mix is correct.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Regnevelc posted:

About a month ago, Gilbert puked up some bile (which he had never done before), I noted it and thought if he did it again I would take him in. Well today, he puked up more bile, it was just yellow and it was after he ate (but no food came up).

Every now and again he starts hiccuping (or that is what it sounds like) and I pat him on the back and it usually goes away. I am debating on taking him to the vet (likely expensive with blood tests and the like) as he isn't puking bile up all of the time.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cambria does that every once in a while for no apparent reason. It doesn't seem to bother her, so I've never gone to the vet about it.

Now, she does have a tendency to puke more after she's eaten something she shouldn't have (sticks, plastic, etc). Thankfully, she'll throw it up before it gets into her intestines. *knock on wood*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

epilepticMinnie posted:

Actually, I just called the Sergeant's emergency line. The lady was very helpful. She said the medicine can make the skin tingly so that's why my dog kept licking herself. She suggested bathing her with dish soap and taking her to the vet if she vomits again. I bathed her and she seems to be a lot more calm. The lady also said to fed her liquid from a can of tuna to get that taste out of her mouth. My dog seemed to like that.

So she is doing better now, but so that she doesn't get too dehydrated I'll take her to the vet if she vomits again.

Sorry for the freak out post earlier.

In the future, please do not use lovely topical flea meds. Reactions like your dog's is why we always advise people to get the real stuff from their vet.