Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

mrbucket posted:

I just got a christmas tree! Hooray!

One thing I've heard people do is spray the tree and surrounding floor with some sort of distasteful liquid. Water with some habanero juice, lemon juice, whatever. I've only had fake trees so I can't say from personal experience that it will work.

I have a question regarding kittens with weight issues. I have one that's about 7-8 months old, and her kitten belly has turned into a fat rear end. She isn't beachball-sized yet, but she's definitely rolly-polly. Generally I free-feed a good dry food with occasional moist food treats. The obvious solution is to quit leaving the dry food out all day and take away treats until she learns portion control, but I feel like that would be punishing my other two cats who do just fine cutting themselves off when they've had enough. A secondary issue there is one of the other cats is tiny-bodied and willowy and always delicately pecks at food a bite or two a time as it is - I worry that she simply wouldn't get enough if she had a restricted food supply.

The one idea I had was to maybe leave a weight-control formula out for the free feeding, and supplement by giving the other two cats a bigger serving of wet food while the fat kitten gets put in a different room with a much smaller serving. The big problem there is I'm not sure that it's safe to put a 7-8 month old cat on a lower-calorie adult food and don't know that a teaspoon of wet food every day or two will give her enough of whatever it is that baby cats need. Anyone have any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU