Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl
I love smoke colored cats. In all my perusing of adoptee cats, I've only seen one. I saw another pure pred maine coon that was smoke colored at a cat show, but those people are crazy and I ain't going back.

There was a poster on here awhile back who had a smoke colored Siberian, but she seems to have been chased off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl
Question:

Hektor, my Siberian kitten, has been shedding an awful lot lately. Like, chunks at a time. The problem with this is that its goddamn minus 30 out already, so you'd think he'd be hoarding his fur. This only started about two weeks ago. We started noticing great wads of white fur on the blinds, or the area rug.

While I'm not sure this is entirely related, his breath is AWFUL, even for a cat. He is about 10 months old now and his gums appear a bit red and inflammed, but the smell could kill a full grown man from close up. He was napping in the crook of my arm this afternoon and yawned, and I cringed as the scent hit me from more than a foot away. What is going on here?

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Olive Bar posted:

This happened to a very lovely cat that my friend had, it turned out that he was having kidney failure from another infection. You should really take your cat to the vet and have him looked at. Also, he had some ulcers in his mouth from the crap that his kidney's were spilling out, so please, if you don't think he needs a vet, watch him very closely.

Sweet gently caress! Okay I'll get him to the vet as soon as possible.

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl
Not a question, but it certainly doesn't need its own thread...

My kitten lit himself on fire today. Everyone, be careful of your pets around open flames.

(He's fine, just singed his fur).