Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Young Marge
Jul 19, 2006

but no one can talk to a horse, of course.
OK, a co-worker gave me a huge box of vintage sewing patterns from her mother's attic. Here are a few gems:

As you can see, they're from the 50s through 80s. I'm pretty sad that they won't fit me - they're mostly pattern size 6-12, or for like a 30" to 34" bust (fits a current US size 0-4). WTF should I do with these? Think they're worth any money?

Bah, if only I wasn't such a modern cornfed gal. I need a lady tux and a Jackie O suit, dammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Young Marge
Jul 19, 2006

but no one can talk to a horse, of course.
Yes, they are almost all intact. I think there are only a couple that had been cut. It is a REALLY cool find; I was so disappointed when I realized that I would probably never be able to use them. :( I love vintagey clothes, especially that early 60s stuff. Maybe I'll hang onto a few and try to modify them (I remember seeing an online tutorial on how to resize patterns).

I think I will try eBay. There are a TON more in the box than the ones I posted. A lot of them are totally 80s and feature those gigantic boxy jackets with massive shoulder pads, so I doubt they'll sell. But hopefully some of the others will. I feel bad getting these for free and then turning right around and trying to make money off of them, but what else is there to do?

Oh, and I was amused by the change in sizing over the years. You can see how the two patterns after the Jackie O outfit say "new sizing" and go from a 14 to a 12 although the bust measurement remained 34". The dawn of vanity sizing?