Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rain Brain
Dec 15, 2006

in ghostlier demarcations, keener sounds
Designing a pattern isn't hard, and your library (if it's anything like mine) will have a ton of books with patterns and alphabets laid out for you to just mix and match. However, if you just want a kit or pattern here are a couple I think aren't as cheesy as most of the stuff out there:

This site offers a free monthly fractal patterned cross stitch, which I think is just really awesome. They might be a little much in terms of number of colors if you're just starting though...

This is the pattern I'd do if I weren't currently obsessed with crochet, plus it's a kit which means you don't have to run around finding that one color that no one has.

For pure entertainment though, the place that always cracked me up when I was looking for patterns was Heaven and Earth Designs, which has all these over the top fantasy designs by people with wildly different levels of talent. If you want to cross stitch a mer cat, this is for you!!

I've stopped cross stitching though because I never did anything with the pieces when I was done, they just got stuck in a drawer.

Rain Brain fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 9, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU