Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

I am new to this whole sewing thing so please be patient with me. :ohdear: Last time I sewed on a sewing machine I was in 7th grade (about 7-8 years ago). I picked up crocheting a year ago and greatly enjoy making my own things. I have been playing with the idea of getting a sewing machine and I was planning on doing a bunch of research. But.. then I saw this sewing machine on craigslist for $145 and for some reason i needed to have it:

I didn't want to not get it and regret it, so I emailed the people and did some research while I waited for them to respond. From my little bit of research it seemed like a good deal? It is missing one part (which I am not 100% sure which part it is? The guy said it is some part that connects the pedal area to the actual sewing machine) I picked it up today and now its job is to sit and be pretty in my room until I get the time to figure out the part, find the part, learn to sew using it etc.

So basically what I am wondering is: Did I make a stupid decision in getting this sewing machine? Was it a decent deal? Do you have any idea on how to figure out what the part is that I am missing/where to find it? And lastly for when it is functional again, are there any good resources online that I can use to learn to sew using a treadle machine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Thank you! That makes me happy that I did not make a mistake in buying it.

It moves smoothly as far as I can tell when I turn the wheel on the machine. The one thing I am a little concerned about is that when I use the foot thing, the wheel on the bottom turns and every couple of seconds sounds like it rubs or grinds against something as it turns. Any idea what this could be and how I could fix it? Could it be metal scraping where the belt is supposed to be? I can get a video of the sound if that would help.