Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metricula
Jul 3, 2007

I'm still learning as I go and starting with some t-shirt reconstructions I've been working on:

Batman skirt made from a men's XL with a hideously busy design on the back. I made it into the two black side panels (the opposite black panel is blank) and added the red front/back panels and waistband. I can't wait to wear it to Dark Knight!

Similar skirt made from a men's XXL Charlie and the Chocolate Factory shirt and a dark blue shirt:

I've also been trying my hand at making some tanks.
Here's a before and after of a Flogging Molly shirt I had from years ago. I tightened it up and added the black bands, paneling, and collar/sleeve lining.

This was a men's XL Speed Racer shirt. I took in the sides, cut off the top, and added the red banding and straps. It's much cuter now and I wish I had the before pictures.

This one didn't turn out quite as well, but it's still comfy and fun to wear (it was fine until I let the embroidery buckle on the bottom triangles).

Metricula fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 13, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metricula
Jul 3, 2007

Thanks for the compliments! I really want to start moving up dress patterns, but I just have so many old t-shirts on hand...

Does anyone have any practical tips on making darts? I'm getting a lot of puckering and having trouble resolving the issue.