Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philo
Jul 18, 2007
This is no game. This is no fun. Your life is flame. Your time is come.
I recently started making blankets for the local chapter of Project Linus in my area. The basic design I use is very simple, solid color and print right sides together, pin to batting, flip, and double edge. As far as technical skills, making these blankets is about as easy as it gets. And really cute to boot. The biggest problem I am having is cutting the batting. The rolls I get are usually 10 ft by 10 ft, while the blankets are usually around 4 ft by 5 ft, and I am finding it really difficult to cut the batting simply because I do not have enough room to roll it out and pin down the fabric. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Also, one of the little old ladies from Project Linus taught me to crochet a couple of days ago, and I am loving it! So far I haven't done anything more complicated than a single crochet, although I have taught myself to switch yarn colors and to do a front stitch. I had one disastrous attempt before I got the hang of things and am about 1/3 of the way through my first scarf. This is a really huge achievement for me because I usually have the hand co-ordination of a drunk toddler. So far I have been doing really good.

Since I live in Florida and have no need for winter clothes, does anybody know of any resources or patterns for cute crochet things that you don't wear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philo
Jul 18, 2007
This is no game. This is no fun. Your life is flame. Your time is come.

4R7 THi3F posted:

We're required to take a lingerie class at my school. I hate lingerie, but I'm pretty pleased with my chemise.

I'm not that much into lingerie either, but this looks like it came out really well.

Was that fabric as much of a bitch to sew as it looks like it was?