Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I am so excited to find a place to share my latest project!

My husband and I recently purchased our first place and we wanted to get our window coverings up as soon as possible. I created my own mock roman valances (five total) and installed them for 1/5 of the cost of having someone professionally make them.

I have the ones installed in the kitchen below. There are three more of these (including one 72" shade) in my living room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

seriouslywtf posted:

(^^ that's an ottoman)

How did you do that. Seriously. I would love to make one of my own. Amazing.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Thanks. I'm going to try this out soon for my sewing loft. Help is much appreciated. :)

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Huge question to ask all of you guys -- do any of you have any recommendations of how to do a slipcover for the Ikea Klippan 2 seat sofa? I am not a fan of the colors and I was hoping to make my own.

No pattern exists online. The Bemz company sells them, but I do not want to pay $150 for a cover when I can make it myself for cheaper.

How does one go about doing this the best way?

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
What a brilliant idea. Thank you! I love the "As Is" section. I'll definitely check that out once per week until I can find one :)