Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

There definitely used to be one for cross stitch and I think embroidery, but I can't find it so it must have been archived. And trying to look in the archives broke something for me so I can't even look for it. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007

there wolf posted:

Good choice of background color. I loved that feather pattern, but paper piecing kind of scares me so...

Paper piecing is so much fun, you should try it!. I made this unicorn block recently and I wanna do more but I have been too drat busy.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007

Funhilde posted:

Maybe just get a thread stand to set up next to the machine. The plastic ones at Joanns are mostly useless but could probably work in a pinch.

Or do that pinterest solution of mug + paperclip. I have never tried this but it shows up all the time in my feed so who knows if it works.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007

Funhilde posted:

I'd suggest getting some foam that already curves and do some draping to see what the best shape to make would be. You can get different styles usually sold as baby safety items.

Similar to this, try a pool noodle sliced in half.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007

Hooray! Looks great! Glad my robot bumper experience payed off for someone!

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007

If you can find one, I recommend getting a 1/4 inch guide foot for your machine. I had one when I first started out with quilting and it was incredibly helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007

That looks great!

I donít always backstitch when piecing but it depends on the piece. Like in yours I wouldnít bother with the triangles but I might when I put the rows together so the edges donít come apart during quilting and binding. Even then I am kinda lazy and that will be sewn over during binding so itís not the end of the world.

Great job on the binding also! Sometimes I will make rounded corners so I donít have to deal with mitres. I am not ashamed and also they look cute!