Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Bat Mouth posted:

I love lurking in this thread and seeing the amazing things that goons are capable of whipping up. I sew by hand and I've long wanted a machine, but never had the money.

And today, in a pile of broken furniture on the sidewalk, I found a Singer 500A with its original sewing table. All the moving parts seem to be in order except for one piece. The small metal arm on the front of the machine that one pulls up while threading seems to be stuck. I haven't used a sewing machine in years, and I have NEVER used a vintage machine like this one, and I have no idea what this part of a machine would be called or how easy it is to replace. What is the name of this part, oh stitchy ones?
It's a take-up lever.

http://www.tandtrepair.com/SlantOMatics.html
http://www.tandtrepair.com/SlantOMatics/Threading_Parts_ID.pdf

You found a Singer Slant-o-matic. My wife says she hates you. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Micomicona posted:

I've found this guy on craigslist, and the price is right ($50) but I've never heard of this brand before. Its an Emdeko, and all I can find on the internet is reference to a later 1070's model being a "workhorse", so that bodes well? Does anyone out there have any experience/knowledge with this particular type of machine?
Brother made those Emdeko machines, so they can use Brother feet - more importantly, you can use the class 15 bobbins that Brother makes.