Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roads
Feb 22, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Sorry if this isn't the best place to ask this, but what are your favorite no/little sewing clothing endeavors?

I'm really big into T-shirt recons/recycling and making my own clothes but since my sewing machine has been in storage (moving around) it's put quite a damper on my fun. Summer is no fun without new clothes, and without a sewing machine and terrible hand sewing skills it's been kind of hard to make any cute ones :(

I've done a lot of Ed-Hardy esque slash-and-weave stuff but I don't like how they look at all, it's a bit too trashy looking.

Tube tops, wrap shirts/skirts, and things to wear overtop Bikinis are all I've really come up with that don't look terrible.

Any ideas? I have plenty of men's T-shirts in every size from kid's to huge, lots of time, but very bad hand-sewing skills. :(

Someone suggested Stitch Witchery to me, and I got some. It seems pretty nice, I've made a few wallets with it, but how does it stand up to the wear and tear of clothing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU