Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

I grabbed two vintage (pre-WWII) sewing machines for free and had them repaired - finally started sewing with one today and realized I have no idea what half the knobs and switches do. Would people here be able to help me out if I post some pictures? The lady at the repair shop had them both running fine but the second I got them home the bottom bobbin is acting up and the machine's just eating thread like there's no tomorrow. I was able to thread them by following what she did but I'm not sure how to reload the bobbin holder or adjust tension or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

update: I had the loving needle in backwards, I didn't even know that was a thing you could do.