Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Would anyone be aware of a resource for building clothing patterns very specifically for tall men?

I've tried the measurements from Aldrich's Metric Pattern Cutting for Menswear however they seem to be based on a generic "fit" for menswear. I'm generally tall and broadish and (for a guy) have hips so I ended up with a pattern for tight pants, which is NOT what I'm after.

I'd be happy with a way to make the male equivalent of lounge pants, but basically have nowhere to start!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

I've got pants that are okay, but not great fit. I guess I'm trying to figure out how to make the adjustments without making a million pairs of okay pants.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

there wolf posted:

Resources for building clothing patterns are the same regardless of size- learn how to draft patterns.

Yeah, Aldrich was my first step to that end.

there wolf posted:

The easiest thing as mentioned is to use another pair of pants as a template and in normal times I'd tell you to actively shop for the right pants at second-hand or cheap places with the intent of using them as a pattern.

I'm in Australia and nowhere really does tall sizes (at least, not at a premium) and op-shops just reflect that. Most of my pants in recent years I've had to order from the US just to get a decent inseam.

there wolf posted:

But since that's kind of not an option, you'll probably need to look at big and tall patterns and expect to have to cut them down a little. You can also checkout https://freesewing.org/ which is a site dedicated to providing patterns for your exact dimensions, and it also has a chat where you can talk about what you're doing and get advice. Downside is they have only have a few patterns especially for pants.

That's a fantastic site! I never thought of looking for MtM patterns. I'm okay with only a couple of patterns - that's more than I have now.