Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Rythe posted:

Found these in my bag of miscellaneous sewing stuff and I have no idea what that are for. Any help on identifying them?

Blind stitch/hem foot, depending on sewing machine manufacturer personal lingo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Still WIP, but sharing with permission. I love how this is coming out so far and thought goons might like a smile.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Good advive, thanks! Tools need to be aquired. I've always wanted to try a quilting project, my grandma does a lot of it and it always makes my fingers to try it myself. And I need to use my sewing machine more, in the past year or so I've only used it to make masks.

Is there a word for when you see something cool and your brain goes "pretty, gotta try" even when it's way out of your league? Crafting hubris?

Curiosity. It’s why it kills so many cats. “Oh man you can stand on electric wires, bird? I have got to try that!” —electrokitty.